Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default OUTLOOK and E-MAIL

I'm thinking of switching from a Blackberry but I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer. Does the Incredible sync with MS Outlook? Also, I dont use g-mail I have an e-mail address on my own domain, has anyone had problems with non g-mail e-mails?

you can sync contacts and calender with HTC sync. i havent had any issues with Gmail or hotmail or an exchange account so far
    ~Matt
    Nexus 4 & Nook HD+ and lots of other goodies
    www.twitter.com/howarmat
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks.

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts

I've been successfully syncing my outlook contacts with HTC sync.

Global Posts
    752 Global Posts

HTC sync works great. G-sync seem to eat into battery life.

In case you're big on Outlook tasks, those DON'T sync.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Outlook Notes don't sync, either.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I dont use notes or tasks; I just use the contacts and calander. I've read a bunch of blogs, some had trouble with Outlook and the guy at Verizon made a face when I asked about it. I've always found these forums the best place to get the real answers. Thanks for your responses.

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Lose the Cable

As a former BB and long time Palm user ...I expected to use HTC synch...NO NEED ...export outlook calendar and contacts to Google Calendar. Google calendar and outlook with synch with each other. and the Google calendar will synch with your HTC Incredible WITHOUT ever cabling it to your PC. The only time my Incredible has a cab le attached is for charging the battery!
    This amazes me. I have been doing this for a week with no concerns

Quote Originally Posted by principalskinner View Post
    As a former BB and long time Palm user ...I expected to use HTC synch...NO NEED ...export outlook calendar and contacts to Google Calendar. Google calendar and outlook with synch with each other. and the Google calendar will synch with your HTC Incredible WITHOUT ever cabling it to your PC. The only time my Incredible has a cab le attached is for charging the battery!
    From what i've seen, the calendar will update automatically but the contacts need to be imported/exported after any updates to keep current.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I looked at Google Calander and contacts, but couldnt figure out how to transfer Outlook stuff to google

google has been able to do this with BBs too. its nothing new. Its one reason that former BB users can easily sync with gmail and be off and running with the Inc in no time.

i personally never like the gmail sync because of the doubling of contacts and other crap. Outlook always worked perfectly.

I also didnt find a way that google and outlook synced constantly with a FREE solution. several pay options though
    ~Matt
    Nexus 4 & Nook HD+ and lots of other goodies
    www.twitter.com/howarmat

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts

What is "outlook notes"?
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Outlook has a "notes" and "tasks" feature. Notes is for making brief memos to yourself ie. shopping lists, things to tell the doctor etc...... and tasks lets you enter things to do ie go shopping, go to doctor, etc... I never found much use for either of them to be honest.

Also, I figured out how to export the outlok files.

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

The "free" solutions documented all work however gSyncit which costs less than $15.00 does all kinds of good things and can be schedules to do them automatically. The ability to switch Google contacts to last name first name without re-entering made the cost well worth it. Since the INC and gMail contacts and calendar sync automatically it is a simple task to have gSyncit sync to Outlook daily. This works for me because I never add contacts or calendar items to anything but my INC. By the way if you add tasks using Astrid on your phone it has an option to add to your calendar as well. This will sync to Google calendar and then to Outlook so you do get tasks.
    -----------------------------------------------
    The brightest Thunder-Bolt is elicited from the darkest Storm. Charles Caleb Colton ...
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

This is the second time it's been mentioned so I have to ask, what do you mean it syncs automatically?

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spddare65 View Post
    This is the second time it's been mentioned so I have to ask, what do you mean it syncs automatically?
    Anything you change or add on an Android OS device in your contacts or calander will automatically sync to Google Contacts and Calander on your PC. This is of course if you have the phone device set to background sync with Google. This all happens wirelessly and instanteously upon entry.

If you are talking about syncing between Google and Outlook, software like gSyncit allowes you to set up a schedule and tell the PC on what days, times and how often to sync. So if you are syncing automatically from your INC to Google on your PC gSyncit will automatically sync to Outlook when scheduled. You can set gSyncit up to sync 2-ways so anything added to Outlook will first sync to Google on your PC as scheduled and then automatically to your phone from Google.

Any time you are syncing you need to decide what the paramentgers are and pretty much stick to them or you could end up with duplicated or lost data. This is no different in BB Desktop Manager. You have to set the sync rules and be consistent. Oh and plug the device into the PC to use DM, not necessary with the Google strategy outlined above.
    -----------------------------------------------
    The brightest Thunder-Bolt is elicited from the darkest Storm. Charles Caleb Colton ...
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

I took the plunge; so far so good. I hooked it up to the PC, downloaded the HTC Sync. and syncd to Outlook with no problem. So far I love this thing!!!!!

ok, what am I doing wrong. I downloaded HTC Sync, attached my Droid to my PC and nothing!
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Go to "settings" then "connect to pc" and choose "sync". I think the default is charge only. Let me know how you make out.

Go to "settings" then "connect to pc" and choose "sync". I think the default is charge only. Let me know how you make out.
    thanks, do you mean file and synch now? it won't let me, for whatever reason, I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.
    Last edited by donnag; 06-04-2010 at 10:53 AM.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

The "settings" button is on the phone on the apps page.

The "settings" button is on the phone on the apps page.
    oops! found it, although now I don't have an option to connect to PC, I have default connection type, then it says synch. I'm at work now so can't try it till later.
    Last edited by donnag; 06-04-2010 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by principalskinner View Post
    This is what I did and it works great! I don't use the HTC sync anymore, it just screws everything up on my phone and my computer, then it takes forever to fix it all! I came from a blackberry Tour......
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

I tried using the google mail thingy but it wouldnt let me send my work e-mail from it. but while i was playing with it i found the auto sync to be incredible.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast