Photos randomly being deleted

firefighter3215

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Just got the update and had to factory reset on the 22nd to get it to work.... The problem is now Photos will radomly be deleted from my phone... All the X-mas photos of my 90 year old mom are now gone. Not all the photos taken will disappear.. just some of them... are they still there hidden somewhere?

blastncast

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Connect your phone to your PC, the pics are still there but for some reason after the update the phone gets confused as to which file it is looking for, internal or SD storage. I have had to go in and change the settings on the camera to change where it is storing the photo's and where it is looking for them.

Reactions: firefighter3215

Sethdred

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me a couple of time... then it started randomly reassigning my contact-specific ringtones... Then i decided to remove the SD card and reinsert it, unfortunately it then PERMANENTLY deleted pictures, seemingly at random... I hope the ICS update helps, because this issue and the abysmal battery life are likely to force me to get another phone, like the Radar, which seems quite a bit more stable, but with far less app options.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
There won't be an ICS update for the DInc, unless you root and run a custom ROM.

Try connecting to your PC and looking in the EMCC or DCIM folders on your Internal memory and SD card. They should still be there.

Did you remove the SD card while the phone was still on? That might be what corrupted the card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech