Creating wallpaper question

rosariorose9

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Want to use one of my photos as wallpaper on my DI. Have tried various pixel dimensions (800 x 600, 640 x 480, 320 x 480, etc.) suggested on this forum, but the image always turns out to be way too large (i.e. it doesn't fully fit) on the screen. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Is it necessary to change the image size in addition to the pixel dimensions??

Thanks!!

rosariorose9

May 2, 2010
Visit site
^^^

Thanks, Adiliyo. Tried that, and the aspect ratio (proportions) was fine, but the picture didn't fit on the screen. That's why I asked in my op whether the image size (in inches) has to be changed in addition to the pixel dimensions. Anybody?

rosariorose9

May 2, 2010
Visit site
OK, so here's the trick!

For anyone dealing with this issue, here's the answer:

1. It generally isn't necessary to worry about pixels, aspect ratios or anything else - just make sure that the portion of the picture that you want to show on your home screen is encompassed within the 'cropping box' (the size of which is adjustable) which appears when you're creating the wallpaper; and,

2. Because of the scrolling nature of the home screens, some of the right hand portion of the picture which you have defined by the cropping box will be lost when the primary home screen is stationary. So, leave enough of a 'margin' on the right side of your image so that the 'good stuff' will show when the primary home screen is stationary...

Whew!!

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
That sounds like the moto Droid resolution not the incredible.

And yes so long as it fits in the box and you leave some room to "center" your wallpaper if you desire it you are okay.

But getting it close to the right size keeps your image from needing to be cropped which then will enlarge it (the 960 dimension seems to be more important in this regard ) and will keep your wallpapers sharp.

rosariorose9

May 2, 2010
Visit site
^^^

Fit the relevant part of your picture in the adjustable cropping box which appears on the DI when you're creating wallpaper and you'll be fine...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs