1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cisco VPN Not An Option?

Looks like connecting to a Cisco VPN isn't a option yet. It's pretty hard to believe that as open as android is that an app hasn't come out yet. Have you all found a solution yet to connect to a Cisco VPN?

Similar issue below at this link:

I haven't found one yet. The lack of Cisco compatibility (no groupID) is pretty huge gaff from a business perspective. I'm really hoping this gets fixed in Froyo or that someone (c'mon Cisco...join in...the water's great!) releases a new VPN client that's compatible.

With a marketshare as humongous as Cisco has, one would think they'd have thought of that for android compatibility...<sigh>...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah, I don't understand this one at all. All the VPN options they have and no groupID? Sounds like it's just a licensing issue from all the reading I've done. What scares me is they have been talking about this since 2008! I really would love to have VPN, it would make this an IT admins dream come true. Pair VPN with Rove IT and you no longer have to get the laptop out for so many things!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Anyone found a good root VPN option?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

This has to be good news for Cisco VPN, right?

Global Posts
    599 Global Posts

There is an app in the market called VPN Connections, I haven't tried it because it requires root. Does anyone know if this will work?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by sloan View Post
    There is an app in the market called VPN Connections, I haven't tried it because it requires root. Does anyone know if this will work?
    yeah, i tried every version up to .99 with root and couldn't get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Clymmer View Post
    I haven't found one yet. The lack of Cisco compatibility (no groupID) is pretty huge gaff from a business perspective. I'm really hoping this gets fixed in Froyo or that someone (c'mon Cisco...join in...the water's great!) releases a new VPN client that's compatible.

With a marketshare as humongous as Cisco has, one would think they'd have thought of that for android compatibility...<sigh>...
    Big enough splash for you?? they've got an entire communication system developed around android...

And they are working to port their API to android.

Bumping this to see if anyone has found something that works yet?
    B2

Default VPn CISco

What Droid has a VPN system will the G2 have one with tmobile. It says work email??
    B2

where would I find this info for cisco droid i need one for work

Droid is supported by Mobile Connect which works significantly better than Cisco.

It is oriented towards supporting devices. Cisco doesn't really seem to--except as an afterthought.

Edit: Since you cannot see the above URL unless you register you can go to Google and type in IBM Lotus Mobile Connect and the first link will take you to the product home page. Had I known this in-advance, I would have never posted here. I'll be posting this in a general forum and not taking advantage of this board again. I would understand if it was a file (or image) hosted by the board but I firmly believe restrictions like this are underhanded and block open sharing of information.
    Last edited by Transfer1; 05-20-2011 at 08:50 PM.

I have a Dinc as my personal phone and an Atrix for my work phone. We have a new vpn (aventail sonicwall) and we can connect to the corporate exchange server using iphones and android now. Probably gonna require a new box for some people but a secure solution is available. Pretty sure its a Cisco box but I could be wrong.