having good luck w/ my Inc, where are the haters coming from ?

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen many haters at all, if anything I see a few people that even though they are having some problems, they like the phone so much that they are doing everything they can to try to solve things so they don't have to go to another phone.

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
I am lucky in that I have had good luck so far with my Incredible.

Only issue I am having is a somewhat inconsistent blue tooth call-quality issue.

It seems there are a lot of negative posts about the Incredible.

I think the phone is, indeed, Incredible....

Do you think the majority of people are satisfied with the Incredible.

I certainly have been more than satisfied so far.
I guess it depends on what do you consider a "hater"? Someone who posts they are having a problem? Someone who posts they don't like the phone (and gives their reason)? Someone who just doesn't post a 100% positive/glowing review?

This, like just about every other phone, is not 100% problem free, and not 100% of the people who try it are going to fall "in love" with it enough to proclaim it "the best phone on earth."

Those that have a problem, experience a bug, aren't happy with the way task xxx is carried out, are more likely to post than someone who is completely and utterly happy.

Depending on how frustrated by that bug/problem/inconvenience they are, the tone of their post might reflect that frustration.

For example, I was quite frustrated by the poor battery life of the Inc using the stock battery. I had to keep charging it to make it through the day under the same usage as past phones. My first posts were slamming the phone pretty hard because of that, and lack of BT Voice dial via headset. I've been using the Seidio 1750 battery for a couple weeks now, while its better, and less frustrating, its still not as good. BUT since the Seidio makes the phone last longer, my frustration around battery is less, so my posts lately probably aren't as harsh in that area as when I first got the phone.

I must say though, as I visit Android centric forums, I do find it kind of funny... with Android, if you say anything against it (no matter how firmly your reasons can be supported), you get jumped on and either considered an "android hater", a "xxx lover" or at least have your opinion discounted by a large portion of the posting public because of it...

jwehrer

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Incredible since May 2nd and I must say that I have not had one single issue with it. It has worked flawlessly. I would highly recommend this phone.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I guess it depends on what do you consider a "hater"? Someone who posts they are having a problem? Someone who posts they don't like the phone (and gives their reason)? Someone who just doesn't post a 100% positive/glowing review?

This, like just about every other phone, is not 100% problem free, and not 100% of the people who try it are going to fall "in love" with it enough to proclaim it "the best phone on earth."

Those that have a problem, experience a bug, aren't happy with the way task xxx is carried out, are more likely to post than someone who is completely and utterly happy.

Depending on how frustrated by that bug/problem/inconvenience they are, the tone of their post might reflect that frustration.

For example, I was quite frustrated by the poor battery life of the Inc using the stock battery. I had to keep charging it to make it through the day under the same usage as past phones. My first posts were slamming the phone pretty hard because of that, and lack of BT Voice dial via headset. I've been using the Seidio 1750 battery for a couple weeks now, while its better, and less frustrating, its still not as good. BUT since the Seidio makes the phone last longer, my frustration around battery is less, so my posts lately probably aren't as harsh in that area as when I first got the phone.

I must say though, as I visit Android centric forums, I do find it kind of funny... with Android, if you say anything against it (no matter how firmly your reasons can be supported), you get jumped on and either considered an "android hater", a "xxx lover" or at least have your opinion discounted by a large portion of the posting public because of it...

I agree.... my use of the term 'hater' was not a good choice of words. There is nothing more frustrating than a device that doesn't work like it should, especially when we all depend on phones so much.

If I were to rewrite the post I would say something like "As a new Inc owner it concerns/surprises me that many people are posting that they are having issues....ie)

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Which brings me to a point, can a person change the title of their post once it has been commented on.... I imagine probably not.

I would substitute the word 'haters' "for people who are experience problems"