having good luck w/ my Inc, where are the haters coming from ?

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I am lucky in that I have had good luck so far with my Incredible.

Only issue I am having is a somewhat inconsistent blue tooth call-quality issue.

It seems there are a lot of negative posts about the Incredible.

I think the phone is, indeed, Incredible....

Do you think the majority of people are satisfied with the Incredible.

I certainly have been more than satisfied so far.

Reactions: izzyncade

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Jason...there will always be haters lol. I only use bt with my uconnect system but I agree...it can be inconsistent at times. Mainly when its connected and I switch it off after I dial to use the handset natively...then if I use bt the next time it seems the volume is low and I have to turn my car volume all the way up. Other than that seems to work ok.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
At the beginning I really didn't have many issues but the more I used it the issues started becoming apparent. At first it was just the battery and then it became the battery and internet crashing/freezing, then it became much more with the phone becoming really really hot. The screen is now buggy as all hell. If I sit it down on a surface the multitouch doesn't work or if it does it does all sorts of weird things. More and more things seem to appear but I have a day left before my 30 are up and its definitely going back.

I'm glad its working for you.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
It's the best phone I've ever owned.

I'm sorry you are having those issues, Bart. I've had other HTC phones, where I had issue after issue like you're talking about, only to hear other people say theirs was perfect. That's frustrating.

But I can honestly say that my Incredible so far has been flawless.

doctorg23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
It is too early to tell for me, but I think if the phone holds up without too many bugs, it will easily be the best phone I have ever owned. I wouldn't necessarily call people haters though. People like Bart are having legitimate issues. I just wonder, did people have similar issues when the iPhone was first released or with subsequent releases? I don't really follow iPhone news (always been a loyal VZW customer), so I have only heard of the iPhone as this perfect, angelic phone with no issues... :p

spddare65

May 30, 2010
www.dpi-investigations.com
I think the first issue of any new smartphone is buggy. I had problems with new Palms and when the Storm was released it was impossible to live with; after a few complaints and software upgrades it all worked out. I'm certain HTC will figure it all out, they tend to monitor these bulletin boards.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I like how fast the device is, I really do. its much quicker then my old moto Droid and it looks 10 times better then the moto Droid. My main complaint is the battery issue. I thought it'd get better but honestly it didn't :(

Yesterday my phone went from 100% to 75% within 10 min. Of being idle. And I'm not blowing smoke up anyone's ass either. Not only that but the phone got really hot and I wasn't doing anything. It's just frustrating paying $570 for this thing only to have terrible performance like its having.

I'm tempted to return it, get my money back and wait a month or two to see what comes out but not having a device such as this ones gonna hurt :( no surfing the net. No navigation. No emails. Uff... tough

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm extremely happy. I know of no better phone on the market right now. Sure, the EVO will give it a run for it's money, but all things considered: it's STILL the best. :cool:

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Sucks to be having issues with a new phone. But I can honestly say this is the first device I've had in a long time that hasn't given me any unexpected issues. I don't have the touch screen issues, battery getting really hot, or anything else. It just works, the battery life sucked before the new battery, however that isn't an issue anymore. It's so refreshing after using a Storm for awhile!

jaybalagna

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm with Cory. This is by far the best phone I've ever owned. Of course, that could just be because my last phone (and the first smartphone) I had was a Blackberry 8330.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
It is too early to tell for me, but I think if the phone holds up without too many bugs, it will easily be the best phone I have ever owned. I wouldn't necessarily call people haters though. People like Bart are having legitimate issues. I just wonder, did people have similar issues when the iPhone was first released or with subsequent releases? I don't really follow iPhone news (always been a loyal VZW customer), so I have only heard of the iPhone as this perfect, angelic phone with no issues... :p

You're right, doctorg23 - haters is not a good word to use...what I meant was there seems to be a lot of folks who unfortunately, are not having good luck with their Incredibles.....I feel for them. My luck has been good, with just a few questions to work through.

Maybe it is a sampling thing... people who are not having a good experience are probably more likely to post.

If memory serves right, there were lots of issues with the Iphone's signal...and look where they are now.

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
There is danger in anonymity. It is impossible to tell what the agenda is of some of the posters that populate boards such as this and spend unbelievable energy either bashing or bemoaning a device they say they own. It is a phone or a pocket size pc whatever you prefer. There are already several hundred thousand of them out there and there is no reason to believe there is a mass return of the item. This is my seventh smartphone going back to believe it or not a Palm Phone circa 1999. Two Treos, two WinMobiles and a Storm. I little or no trouble with any of them other than the limitations of the devices themselves. I can honestly say the INC is so many miles a head of anything else I looked at or have used that even if I had any of the issues that are discussed on this board I would have a very hard time giving up this device. But again it is just a phone. I am not married to it, unlike my children all I have to do is plug it in once a day (yes, I am getting 15 hours with average use), wipe the smudges from the screen and pay the bill every month. If it doesn't work due to a manufacturer's defect (I have had no dropped calls and the reception is superior to my Storm) I will return it for another in the first year. When my New Every Two comes around maybe there will be something more powerful that I will fall for. And then I will read all about it here and the same techies will bash it and find its every fault. Good for them, as they help keep the industry honest but also be aware that they will never be satisfied and it is not just a functional device to them. It is a hobby and like all hobbies they are born of obsession and a never ending quest for perfection. Call me a fanboy or whatever you like. At the end of the day the INC does what I need it to do faster, more efficient and with amazing opportunity for customization then anything else I know of on the market.

mobilemedic20

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Agree with the op! The phone is amazing, people just like to complain. Just had my first weekend on the road with it and it helped me NUMEROUS times!

itch808

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
No problems here (knock on wood) and I had mine pre-ordered from Day 1 despite the stigma that "1st batches of new phones come with problems".

All the posts I see on the forums just have me scratching my head. Seeing some of the CNET reviews has me even more confused. Oh well, I'm very happy :)

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
no issues here. i am a very happy Incredible and Verizon customer. :)

by the way, i am coming from a Moto Droid. i loved the Moto, but this thing blows it away.

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
After getting used to a touch-screen, I can honestly say I love this phone. I use the web more (because it doesn't lag, that's right Blackberry). The apps are fun to discover and the camera is amazing. I even send more pic messages now. I have been lucky enough to not have no issues but I feel for those that do, it sucks not being able to enjoy such a great phone.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Count me as one who loves the phone. Sure, there have been a few issues.... like one poster said, I had mine go from battery at 100% to under 85% in minutes and got so hot I had to quickly take it out of my pocket and yank the battery. Nearly burned a hole in my pocket. Never happened again and I am now using a 1500mAh battery from the TP2.

Occasional glitches and the browser will crash on certain webpages, but the bad things are very very few and no different than my laptop doing strange things from time to time.

I come from the Storm 1 to the Incredible. I never had a complaint from the Storm either except the browser sucks. I was using Opera Mini 5 Beta and Final but that browser still sucks compared to the oem Inc browser. It does pop ups and stuff that the BB could never do.

I love the Incredible and can see myself using it for a few years at least. Next month there will be something better and faster I am sure.... but I am satisfied with what I now have.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
There will always be hates, and they tend to drown out the people that are having a great experience. Goes with the whole "vocal minority, silent majority" theme more or less.

Good to see you are loving the phone though!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang