Incredible or evo 4g

nextjeter2

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Hello this is my first post. Sorry was not sure where to put this. I currently have a iPhone but android looks compelling and seems to b progressing faster then iphone os. I can sign with any carrier and money is not a issue so what do you guys think evo 4g or droid incredible.

Joker35

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
well i think verizon has a better coverage then sprint. i would first start basing your opinion on who has a better coverage in your area. they bouth have the 1ghz snap dragon prossessor, 8mp camera, sense ui

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
well i think verizon has a better coverage then sprint. i would first start basing your opinion on who has a better coverage in your area. they bouth have the 1ghz snap dragon prossessor, 8mp camera, sense ui

That is excellent advice. A cool cell phone with limited service is still sucky.

ohboyscott

May 16, 2010
Visit site
well what it comes down to for me is how much media watching are you going to be doing on your phone? do you live in a 4g area? do you want a front facing camera?

all of those are nay for me and i love verizon

plus i don't like the huge form factor on the EVO. i'd much rather stick with the incredible

Examiner19

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
The extra $10 on Sprint will still keep you in line with the Verizon cost (if not cheaper). I agree that your first question is coverage in your area.

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Incredible is the way to go. i have some hands on time with an Evo, and it's very similar. the Evo is just bigger, bulkier and heavier. and coming from a droid, i didn't want heavy and bulky.

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I agree that if sprint service sucks around you, its a waste to get the evo. If its good, or you have it already, then I would probably get it. I love my incredible, but I really don't want to see another person adding themself to the 100+ page, 1000+ post incredible shipping thread. LOL

That said, if your going to work on rooting the DI, by all means....get a DI. ;)

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Make your choice based on the carrier. The Evo and the Inc are so close spec wise that the biggest difference is Verizon and Sprint. That being said, the Inc is hard to find atm so if you are in the market now, the Evo goes on sale June 4th and should be in much better supply.

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I would forego both and get the Motorola Shadow(aka Droid 2)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe, but the business press is saying that the Shadow is Motorola's last ditch effort for financial stability in the US. If it doesn't achieve the projected market share it is possible that Moto will be out of the Smartphone business in the US. MOTO's stock performance has tracked well below the S&P and Dow for three years now so that lends some cred to the theory. In fact the stock is very close to a five year low right now and received no benefit from the recovery during the past year. Obviously HTC's performance is stellar by comparison the future appears bright. To the end user I think the risk factor on long term support is clear.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
From all of the reviews i've read the battery life on the evo is unacceptable. I thought about leaving Verizon and my Storm for the Evo but then I read about having to charge it mid day on normal use and now I've changed my mind.

bubbatex

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I found an Incredible at a Best Buy today and I was waiting to buy it, I played around with the dummy display EVO. God, that thing is big. I am sure I could probably get used to it - but I just don't see carrying that thing around all the time. Love the Inc. so far.

drfundy

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I found an Incredible at a Best Buy today and I was waiting to buy it, I played around with the dummy display EVO. God, that thing is big. I am sure I could probably get used to it - but I just don't see carrying that thing around all the time. Love the Inc. so far.

I agree completely had the same experience with a display Evo.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Maybe, but the business press is saying that the Shadow is Motorola's last ditch effort for financial stability in the US. If it doesn't achieve the projected market share it is possible that Moto will be out of the Smartphone business in the US. MOTO's stock performance has tracked well below the S&P and Dow for three years now so that lends some cred to the theory. In fact the stock is very close to a five year low right now and received no benefit from the recovery during the past year. Obviously HTC's performance is stellar by comparison the future appears bright. To the end user I think the risk factor on long term support is clear.

What you said is correct albeit highly speculative. I wouldn't really let this sway my decision though unless I plan on keeping the phone long term as stated in your last sentence. Let's be honest, how many of us here keep a phone the full two years. Anybody who gets a shadow or droid 2 when released need not worry about support.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs