Is it possible to only sync/link certain Facebook contacts?

gatorbait

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to only sync/link specific contacts from facebook instead of syncing the entire contact list?

I ask this because, when you sync facebook contacts and then use the "phone" shortcut from the dock, it lists every facebook contact with a phone number in the list generated behind the dial pad. Not the biggest deal, but I would prefer not having all those people displayed so I don't accidentally call one of them.

GooTz66

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to only sync/link specific contacts from facebook instead of syncing the entire contact list?

I ask this because, when you sync facebook contacts and then use the "phone" shortcut from the dock, it lists every facebook contact with a phone number in the list generated behind the dial pad. Not the biggest deal, but I would prefer not having all those people displayed so I don't accidentally call one of them.

Yes just "Link" the contacts you want to link

People>Menu>View This will allow you to select which contacts you wish to see in your phone book.

gatorbait

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes just "Link" the contacts you want to link

People>Menu>View This will allow you to select which contacts you wish to see in your phone book.

The problem is, even if I select the "view" option of not showing all of my facebook contacts, they still appear in my list when I push the "phone" button on the launcher dock.

kylep23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I too wish there was a way to add pictures to your phone contacts from facebook, and not add all the numbers from all of your facebook friends.

RocketR

May 14, 2010
Visit site
You can sync just the Facebook contacts that you want to in the sync area for Facebook.

How do you just sync certain contacts?

I know about linking them as I've done all of that for my GMail contacts (use that for backup instead of Backup Assistant), but like the OP said, whenever I click on "Phone", it still brings up all of my Facebook contacts.

coach

May 17, 2010
Visit site
How do you just sync certain contacts?

I know about linking them as I've done all of that for my GMail contacts (use that for backup instead of Backup Assistant), but like the OP said, whenever I click on "Phone", it still brings up all of my Facebook contacts.

this really annoys me as well. i don't need or want all of my facebook contacts in my phone.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I seem to remember a way to sync only the ones on your phone with items in Facebook. I think its when you setup the sync account for Facebook under settings. I know mine is setup to only sync item that I have in my gmail account.

Last edited:

RocketR

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I seem to remember a way to sync only the ones on your phone with items in Facebook. I think its when you setup the sync account for Facebook under settings. I know mine is setup to only sync item that I have in my gmail account.

I see the sync frequency and the option to Sync Live Stream and Sync Friends. That's it for the options under Facebook.

gatorbait

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I think what we may need is a way to sort what contacts are "viewed" in the phone app, just like the options HTC has in the people app.

I'm not sure there is any option on the phone right now that will accomplish what I'm asking for, but I'll keep looking/testing workarounds.