SD card damaged?

mobiledevice

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Once in a while, my phone says the SD card is damaged. Rebooting the phone fixes it sometimes, and other times it requires that I pull the card out and and put it back in.

It usually happens after a reboot, but yesterday it happened after the phone sat idle indoors while I went swimming. The weird thing is that I was listening to music off the SD card 20 minutes before I got in the pool. :confused:

What could possibly be causing this?

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
have similar error that appears randomly.

A bit annoying but its not a show stopper for me at least.

I usually get it working correctly by ejecting and then reinserting.

Bit of a pain to remove the back cover but I'm not going to complain.

Only a minor grievance as the phone still has a lot more awesome to it.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried reformatting the card? Did you let Android format the card when you first put it into the phone? Sounds like the MBR on the SD card could be corrupted. This is caused by either a bad card or the formatting has went wonky. Try a reformat and see if it helps. Obviously backup whatever is on there before you do it.

mobiledevice

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I formatted the card fresh when I got the incredible. I guess I can do it again without issue, but the file structure is really weird on android phones and I don't feel comfortable just pulling the files i want off of it for backup.

Can I mess it up if I delete folders that don't make sense to me?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
The worst that will happen is you will have data loss in the apps that use it. They will rebuild what is missing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888