SMS text via Google Voice Number

ath2o

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
OK so I've had my Incredible for almost a month now and I love it. The problem comes when I am sending text messages. I am using my Google Voice number exclusively and want my text to show that they are coming from that GV number as well but I cannot figure out how to make that happen. Any ideas?

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
OK so I've had my Incredible for almost a month now and I love it. The problem comes when I am sending text messages. I am using my Google Voice number exclusively and want my text to show that they are coming from that GV number as well but I cannot figure out how to make that happen. Any ideas?

Do you have the GV app installed on your Incredible? If so, open it, menu, compose and you are all set

mr.s4ndm4n

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, just what jayhawk said.

My question, whenever i receive GV calls, after i answer it says, "press 1 to accept, press 2 to send to Voicemail."

Is there a way to fix that?

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
go to google account on a desktop or laptop, I think mobile site prevents this option.

Do what cm40 said and turn off call screening in your google voice settings.

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Yup and I guess the OP could also use the Internet on the Incredible to visit the GV site and send an initial SMS that way.. when that person replies of course you can just reply in the regular messages folder after that and it will go thru GV

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to incorporate GV sms into the message app?

Not until someone replies to you when you have sent them a SMS using GV... so, basically you have to send the initial sms thru the app or by using the browser, once that person replies to you, as long as you have the setting in your GV account online to forward sms messages to your device, you can then reply to the thread of messages and it will come from your GV number.

clear as mud? :)