Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sense Restarting

I finally gave in and did a factory reset on my Dinc in December. The "Low on Space" thing, lock-ups, and no MMS txt messages got to be too much. So I took a couple days did the reset and reloaded and configured all my apps again.

Its running Android 2.3.4.

Since the reset/reload I'm having new problems. Every second or third time I go to my home screen from an app, Sense restarts.

On a possibly related item, every day or two the items on internal storage disappears. I have ringtones, notification sounds and the camera photos/movies. I lose all of my ringtones and pictures. A reboot of the phone brings them back (but oddly, they aren't there after a shutdown and start, only a reboot).

Johnie

Default Re: Sense Restarting

Quote Originally Posted by staffordjm View Post
    I finally gave in and did a factory reset on my Dinc in December. The "Low on Space" thing, lock-ups, and no MMS txt messages got to be too much. So I took a couple days did the reset and reloaded and configured all my apps again.

Its running Android 2.3.4.

Since the reset/reload I'm having new problems. Every second or third time I go to my home screen from an app, Sense restarts.

On a possibly related item, every day or two the items on internal storage disappears. I have ringtones, notification sounds and the camera photos/movies. I lose all of my ringtones and pictures. A reboot of the phone brings them back (but oddly, they aren't there after a shutdown and start, only a reboot).

Johnie
    If you're not in love with Sense and don't want to keep putting up with these bugs, you may want to try GO Launcher EX. It's very sophisticated, has many options for personal customization, eliminates these Sense bugs, and best of all...it's FREE! Just about every AC member who has switched to GO Launcher EX has commented that they're extremely pleased with it. Did I mention it's FREE?

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 - 4.08 build

Same thing happened to me, I did another factory reset and it corrected the problem.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Ugh. Thanks Keldog... Not what I wanted to hear. I avoided doing it the first time because I hated how long it took me to get everything working again. But if it will fix the restarting, it might be worth it.

And as far as dumping Sense, well that's one of the things I like about HTC, so I prefer to stick with it.

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 - 4.08 build

I hear ya.. I didn't really enjoy doing the factory reset either, but seem to have better battery life since I did. It really only took about an hour to get everything back to the way I like it.

I'm with you about Sense.. I tried a couple of different launchers, but keep coming back. I guess it's the thing that first drew me to this phone. Go Launcher seemed to suck the battery out of my phone, especially when I added Go Launcher, Go SMS Pro, Go (everything).. and ADW Ex was so laggy for me, but lots of people really like it.

As so many have said, i'm waiting for CM9 to give it a whirl.