Verizon is offering free Android training

twinturbostang

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else get this e-mail? Got it from Verizon earlier today that they are offering free training for Droid, Droid Eris, Droid Incredible, and Devour users. I signed up for it. Figured I'd check it out. Pretty confident I know just about everything about this phone by now (Droid Incredible), but ya never know.

I sent this to Phil also. Let's see if he posts it on the site. :)

Brian

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Oh gawd I see a lot more traffic coming to this site soon.....I would trust them to teach me how to dial the phone much less anything else. Hope the "trainers" are more helpful than the tech support guys.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
LOL. Us Android users are suppose to know common things happening with our phones, especially those of us on this site and those who keep up to date with Android news sites.

I highly doubt any Verizon employee is going to give me any earth shattering tips that i don't know already. nevertheless, I guess it's great idea for the technically challenged to get up to speed.

twinturbostang

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
LOL. Us Android users are suppose to know common things happening with our phones, especially those of us on this site and those who keep up to date with Android news sites.

I highly doubt any Verizon employee is going to give me any earth shattering tips that i don't know already. nevertheless, I guess it's great idea for the technically challenged to get up to speed.

Well, like I said, I probably won't learn anything new. But I figured what the heck. I'll go and check it out, and then report back if it was a total waste of time or not. :)

cm40: Check your pm's.

twinturbostang

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean? I had signed up for notifications regarding the Droid Incredible. And I also ordered it online. So it's not surprising that Verizon e-mailed me back about this. Or did you mean you think Verizon is trying to get me to buy something else?

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I got one of these today also one back when I got the Moto DROID. I guess its for the elder customers that bought Android phones. I was surprised by how many people my parents age were buying the DROID/Eris when it came out.

twinturbostang

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Oh man. Maybe I should just skip it then. lol I'm gona feel really dumb if I'm sitting next to Grandma while learning how to swipe to unlock the phone. lol

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
talked to a VZW rep and it sounds pretty basic....like this is a mouse, this is how to point, this is how to click. I think only new users may benefit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks