Help - Won't Activate after Factory Reset -

asuwookie

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So here is one for ya.....

Kept getting the low space warning - after dealing with this for months I just decided to do a factory reset - after doing so I set up wifi and everything else - spent about 2 hours re-downloading apss and setting up widgets - setting up e-mails -etc. only to find out i couldn't make calls - every time I did I got the "welcome to verizon...please dial *611..." so I did...no help there... called back again...level 1 had me manually enter some 26 digit # - still wouldn't work - transfered me to level 2 - (who as a side note has been the most honest and helpful verizon rep i have ever spoken to...)

The long and short of what we could figure out was that my phone was not picking up my phone number - menu about phone - it shows some other random number as my phone number. The only resolution was to send me a new incredible - credit my account for a free month of service -

any ideas????

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
That is bizarre - a reset should not lose the ESN/Phone number association. That is managed within Verizon's switch system.

Did you try to reset the phone again? I know it's a pain, but try another reset login to Gmail during the setup and see if you can make a call, If not try *228 to activate your phone over the air.

Hope this helps.

asuwookie

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
yeah - tried that several times...also tried a "manual activation" whatever that was...tried *228 *22801 *22899 - Verizon said that they could see it as activated on their end. Don't even get me started on trying customer service at a non-corporate store today. Just ended up driving 2 hours one way to pick up a rezound.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Sorry that happened. I sold wireless. Never encountered that problem.
Enjoy your Rezound. Being 4 g. Don't use the *228. Ever!

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

asuwookie

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
jude - thanks for your help...might like the rezound - shelved the beats head phones and broke out my audiotechnia atm50's :) is it true I need to change my data plan though? never seen 3g come up - only 1X - and not in a 4G area yet -

guess i need to search the rezound forums first before I hijack my own thread.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
jude - thanks for your help...might like the rezound - shelved the beats head phones and broke out my audiotechnia atm50's :) is it true I need to change my data plan though? never seen 3g come up - only 1X - and not in a 4G area yet -

guess i need to search the rezound forums first before I hijack my own thread.

If you are grandfathered 3g unlimited you should be able to keep that plan on 4g, even though you don't have 4g in your area it's a 4g phone so you will have a 4g plan.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood