Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Default Help - Won't Activate after Factory Reset -

So here is one for ya.....

Kept getting the low space warning - after dealing with this for months I just decided to do a factory reset - after doing so I set up wifi and everything else - spent about 2 hours re-downloading apss and setting up widgets - setting up e-mails -etc. only to find out i couldn't make calls - every time I did I got the "welcome to verizon...please dial *611..." so I did...no help there... called back again...level 1 had me manually enter some 26 digit # - still wouldn't work - transfered me to level 2 - (who as a side note has been the most honest and helpful verizon rep i have ever spoken to...)

The long and short of what we could figure out was that my phone was not picking up my phone number - menu about phone - it shows some other random number as my phone number. The only resolution was to send me a new incredible - credit my account for a free month of service -

any ideas????

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Default Re: Help - Won't Activate after Factory Reset -

That is bizarre - a reset should not lose the ESN/Phone number association. That is managed within Verizon's switch system.

Did you try to reset the phone again? I know it's a pain, but try another reset login to Gmail during the setup and see if you can make a call, If not try *228 to activate your phone over the air.

Hope this helps.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

yeah - tried that several times...also tried a "manual activation" whatever that was...tried *228 *22801 *22899 - Verizon said that they could see it as activated on their end. Don't even get me started on trying customer service at a non-corporate store today. Just ended up driving 2 hours one way to pick up a rezound.

Sorry that happened. I sold wireless. Never encountered that problem.
    Enjoy your Rezound. Being 4 g. Don't use the *228. Ever!

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

jude - thanks for your help...might like the rezound - shelved the beats head phones and broke out my audiotechnia atm50's is it true I need to change my data plan though? never seen 3g come up - only 1X - and not in a 4G area yet -

guess i need to search the rezound forums first before I hijack my own thread.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Quote Originally Posted by asuwookie View Post
    jude - thanks for your help...might like the rezound - shelved the beats head phones and broke out my audiotechnia atm50's is it true I need to change my data plan though? never seen 3g come up - only 1X - and not in a 4G area yet -

guess i need to search the rezound forums first before I hijack my own thread.
    If you are grandfathered 3g unlimited you should be able to keep that plan on 4g, even though you don't have 4g in your area it's a 4g phone so you will have a 4g plan.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.