Unable to play certain WAV files.

Diane253

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I get my voice mail messages forwarded to my Incredible. I am unable to play them. I can however play other wav files. the vm wave files play ok on a pc. My phone co provider that sends the vm messages and Verizon wireless as well as HTC are all of no help. anyone have any ideas?

santinelli

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
The reason is the format your PBX is sending the WAV file in... There are different types of wav's, and I know I have ALWAYS had problems with wav files from Asterisk PBX's.

This has been around a Loooong time, even an issue on my previous blackberries.

Steve

santinelli

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes. It depends on how they are encoded... but (for some; including me) these wav files played perfectly prior to 2.2

Ah, wish they had for me, something I've been battling with for several years now... I PROBABLY could have just changed how the voicemail was being sent out, but never gave it a try..

kprogebin

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Just buy Remote Wave from the Market. Works perfectly for me.

UPDATE: Just checked the market - price dropped to 99 cents! Better than the $2.98 I paid for it..

rayk872

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
WAV file issue has been Fixed!

Just recieved the new upgrade to the os for the HTC Incredible and finally my .wav files from my Voicemail System are playing again.

Diane253

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
nope. Still does not work here. Verizon land line is sending my voice mails to my gmail account on my HTC. when I attempt to preview the file it still says file type not supported. HTC says not their problem. Verizon land line says VZ wireless problem, and Verizon Wireless says it a Verizon land line co problem. Still not able to get off this merry--go round

blastncast

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I use an app called WavePlayer by Dennis Lockshine, cost $1 and I have no problems with VM coming from my exchange now. I have used this app with any files that I have ran into problems with and it has opened them all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles