Transfer photos from phone memory to the SD card

geopat89

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a droid Incredable. Can't seem to find a way to transfer/send the pictures that are stored in my phone memory to the sd card. I only just discovered that they are in the phone memory. sending them one by one will be very time consuming as there are over 300 pictures in the phone memory. Is there an app for that.

alc8124

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I read that your photos aren't stored on your sim card, but rather the phone itself. The only way to get them off is to put them on your pc first by bluetooth or usb and then download them to your new phone.

I'm pissed because I had to get a new phone due to the charger port not working. So now I can't download my pictures off of my old phone..and I have about 400 of them. I'm just sick about it.

I wish the pictures could be stored on an SD card like every other phone!

A

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Sim cards only store contacts. Nothing else. If you want to move your pics to your sd card, download a file manager application such as astro file manager. Very easy to use and it has a free version too.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You can install it from Google Play Store: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.metago.astro&hl=en&token=vzReH8dh

It might be easier for you to use your computer to copy the files. Connect the phone to your computer via USB, then swipe down the notification panel and tap the USB icon. Make sure MTP is selected. Then on your PC, open Windows Explorer, open your phone in the device list, and go to the /DCIM/Camera directory -- that's where the photos taken by your camera app are stored. Drag and drop them to the SD card (which should be listed as a separate drive), and make sure you use the Copy comand (not Move), in case something goes wrong with the file transfer (if you use Copy, then the originals won't be automatically deleted).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non