HTML Email on Incredible?

jk

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Ive got my Droid Inc sync'd with my office exchange server - however, under the settings tab for email format, its grayed out and states "plain text". There seems to be no way to change the format to html. Ive also tried RoadSync which states that it supports html, but those emails are coming through in plain text as well and I cant even find a setting that would allow me to change it from plain text to html.

Anyone know how to get emails in html on your Inc?

MushroomStamp

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
This is a limitation of the Sense UI email program. If you use Touchdown, you will get HTML email. I hated having to use Touchdown because now I need a different program to do my syncing.. it does have the benefit of not only HTML email but syncing Tasks.

But using another program, you lose the tie in with other products such as the fantastic way Sense handles and merges contacts. Down side is, you have to have both the sense and teh TD sync... redundancy sucks.. but it would be up to HTC to fix their lack of foresight.

nate735#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
HTML Email will only work with MS Exchange 2007. It will not work with Exchane 03. I had exchange 03 when i got my incredible and html email wasnt working. When i upgraded to 07 last week i now get full html email. It is not a limitation of sence ui.

karlrock

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
html

Look, I had an Iphone 3g and emails came to my phone from my employer's 2003 Exchange server in full HTML (no annoying links)

Why does it not work on my HTC Evo?!?!?!?!

And please don't anybody respond by saying that they have no problem on their android phone. If you know the answer of how to get it doen, please tell me. Otherwise, please don't bother responding. If it worked on an iphone 3g (same server at work), why is it not working on the android phone?

MushroomStamp

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Please read my previous posts. You do NOT get HTML email with Stock Android, or even HTC Sense. It is up to the client app to support HTML.

YOU MUST use a 3rd party app like Touchdown to get HTML email.

junipertodd

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey MushRoomStamp. I'm currently using Touchdown to get my Exchange 2003 hosted emails on my DINC. I would prefer though to use the native HTC app. Please tell me how you got things to work. Thanks.

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Stupid question by html you mean with graphics pictures etc all in the email? If that's the case I'm using stock dinc 2.2 and exchange sync and no problems. Under settings I can select plan text or html.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

plemelin

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
HTML e-mail is not available from Exchange 2003 Activesynch. Maybe the IPhone has something that allows it but the IPhones I have set up do not get HTML e-mail from Exchange 2003. Exchange 2007 and 2010 will do HTML e-mail. Tested and confirmed.

junipertodd

May 7, 2010
Visit site
My DINC is on 2.2. I have HTC Email setup via Exchange ActiveSync. Under settings, display format is grayed-out and defaults to plain text. On the other hand, I use Touchdown and it displays HTML emails just fine.

MushroomStamp

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
*Sigh* yes HTML email IS available on Exchange 2003 activesynch. You just need to have SP2 on it. For a Fact, because that's what i'm running.

DMS76, claims he gets HTML mail with the native HTC email client. I have never seen this to be the case on any of HTC email clients. We currently have 4 users with dIncs and about 3 other different HTC models. We have several MotoDroid users. All of which are not able to get HTML email with default apps. So i'm just assuming DMS76 has a rare and unique handset or he is mistaken in his interpretation of HTML email.

However, Touchdown works on all of them and provides HTML email, plus Tasks.

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
It is always very possible I could be incorrect. The hosting service uses exchange 2007.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

MushroomStamp

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
hmmm that's possible. Maybe there is something in Exch 2007 that works differently with HTC Email client. Kinda bizarre though... but possible. I just know it does not support the HTML coming from our Exch 2003, but every other mail client does.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay