Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Handcent and ChopSMS

Being new to the droid system and smartphones, do any of you guys use either of these and if so what do you think and would you recommend? I have read a few things about handcent draining your battery but I was curious if any of you guys could enlighten me on either of these two.

ROM
    BAMF Rezound ICS v0.6

Handcent

I haven't noticed any additional battery drain with it
    ~Paul
    HTC ReZound
    HP Touchpad w/ CM7 Alpha 3

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts

I've used both and am currently using Handcent. I think it's just a personal preference. I don't see any extra battery drain.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Is it basically just a program that replaces the stock messaging on your inc? Or rather the look of it? I really just wanna get some feedback before I install it

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by llasch View Post
    Is it basically just a program that replaces the stock messaging on your inc? Or rather the look of it? I really just wanna get some feedback before I install it
    yes, but its alot more customizable to your needs. And it just looks better.

I do prefer handcent over chomp

i use handcent too, and there is no battery drain. i think that "issue" was for versions last year but was since fixed with recent versions of handcent. couldnt be happier using it!

I use handcent because the stock messaging app was lagging (I'd go to read a message and a loading pop up would appear for about a second or two)

i use chomp right now, i've used both in the past but currently like chomp better.

i might try handcent again since so many people seem to like it.

I have tried them both and decided I like Handcent. I have since uninstalled Chomp from my phone.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Ok I've decided to stick with handcent....now how do I make that my default SMS?? It keeps asking me everytime how I would like to execute the action "messages" or "handcent". I wanna disable the default messages...or do I uninstall it?

Quote Originally Posted by llasch View Post
    Ok I've decided to stick with handcent....now how do I make that my default SMS?? It keeps asking me everytime how I would like to execute the action "messages" or "handcent". I wanna disable the default messages...or do I uninstall it?
    When the box pops up asking that question, there is a option at the bottom to make your answer the default. It's a box that you touch and it will place a check mark there and then you select Handcent and that box should not keep coming up.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

lmao I am such a dumbass ...I actually clicked on that and misread it...thanks man

ROM
    CM7-GB

Default Re: Handcent and ChopSMS

I tried handcent, but I gotta say, I'm liking chomp more.

I'm using Handcent. After I got it customized it is working very well for me.

Where do I get handcent? When I search the maket all I find are the font packs, not the app.
    JF

For some reason it has been pulled from Market.

I got a notification there is an update available for it, but it is missing.

Maybe they had to work out a bug or two in the update?
    Thanked by:
    Angmoe 
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

I just installed it today so it can't be pulled.....I had to search for it though and scroll to find it

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

I have been using Handcent for the last couple of weeks and absolutely love it. Great app.

Another Hancent user here. Never tried comp so cant give comparison but can say there's no battery drain and its highly customizable, IMO. I really like it so far, been a little over a week.

Just make sure you disable notifications in the normal message applicationour you will get double notifications. I use Handcent and love it.

Just did a search in the market for handcent and handcent sms and only the fontpacks show up. No App.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    ROM
    cyanogen (on the droidx)

i also cannot find handcent in the market this morning. how else can we get to it? apk?

I use appbrain more than the actual Android market...a lot easier to use and syncs with the PC easily....also Handcent was easy to find :

Handcent SMS - Android app on AppBrain

that won't work if it's not in the market. the link that appbrain gives your phone won't find anything...

just have to wait for it to come back...
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,120 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

how can I set chomp to take control of the message app?
    Right now I am getting notifications in both locations, and when I delete from Chomp it doesn't delete from the messages app....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast