Thinking getting an Incredible... BB user here

Muscle Master#AC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
For the record... I have been a BB user for years and I'm just sick and tired of the OS

To save some time on my reasons of jumping ship to droid... read here

Now I was gonna was going to wait till next year before going Droid... Cause as soon as I saw the "Dell Thunder" I said I want that phone!!!

But I don't think I can wait that along... same goes for BB OS6

So I been reading up on the Incredible... and I gotta say I like

I read some reviews and I think I might just get this phone... is the screen really that bad in sunlight ?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Screen is hard to see outside, but so was my BB.
Everything except the battery is better on the Incredible......
I haven't regretted it once.
I get 8 hrs on the standard battery but I am in the minority.
There is no sleeper magnet...which I miss from BB but other than that this is a solid device.

gewdjob

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
basically agree with everything tony said.

screen sucks in the sunlight and battery dies quick. i can live with it though because the phone is that much better than having a BB.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I was boating last weekend and it was a very sunny day and with the screen turned all the way up I didn't have any problems seeing the screen.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
yeah....here:

hell.jpg

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Even if your carrier won't let you upgrade yearly, if you buy a good phone it can often keep alot of its value for a year so you might only end up paying $200 net or so if you have to buy a new phone unsubsidized.

Muscle Master#AC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Think I have a better Idea... I have a line that's been open before the $350ETF thing

It's currently being used by my sister and a BB Tour ( Doing her a favor... as long as she pays her part of the bill I don't care).

If I cancel that line, it should only cost me $120-$130 something... give my sister the line I'm using and open a new contract... but that's a last resort considering how long I can put up with this BB

I haven't a clue on how to sell this... I think I stepped on the original box lol

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Think I have a better Idea... I have a line that's been open before the $350ETF thing

It's currently being used by my sister and a BB Tour ( Doing her a favor... as long as she pays her part of the bill I don't care).

If I cancel that line, it should only cost me $120-$130 something... give my sister the line I'm using and open a new contract... but that's a last resort considering how long I can put up with this BB

I haven't a clue on how to sell this... I think I stepped on the original box lol

I would call big red first and just see what they can do...they don't do the multifru replacements, but just see what they can do for you......

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site

ebay?

=P

drfundy

May 10, 2010
Visit site
My 9700 sold within 3 hours @ the 300 dollar buy it now price on ebay without the original box.

You could probably get at least 300 for yours.

FramCire

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

If your sisters line in not under contract, you can upgrade her phone. Then activate the new phone on your phone number. Her phone would still be on her line (with 2 year contract) and the new phone would be on your #.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
For me, going from the BB to the Incredible, was like going from a rotary dial phone to a computer. There is simply no comparison... with the possible exception of email. I came from the BB curve and I am amazed by this phone.

FlipStyle 54

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I went from an original Curve which i loved dearly, to a Storm 1 and a Storm 2. I tried to give each a chance but after a couple copies of each, i got fed up. A change was needed and im not looking back, Incredible FTW

Iphonejackson

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I agree with everything being said in this thread. I still love bb, but they just weren't moving at the speed of other companies in respect to the OS. BB is still the leader in email and messaging in my opinion, but the incredible dominates in every other field.
This thing is faster than my itouch.

If you are a heavy email user, it will take some getting used to, but I guarantee you will be in love with this phone after one day.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2