Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Question Cracked Screen

I have been searching and am unable to find anything on replacing a cracked Droid Incredible screen.

Took an approximately 18 inch fall and is still functional, but totally cracked on the top 2/3rds.

If anybody knows where I can just order a new screen and replace it myself, or even ship it off, I would be HUGELY appreciative.

Thanks

You will be taking this back to the store and will certainly wait for a replacement.

Hope you have the insurance...

Lego!

P.S. - I feel you pain.... This happen to me with one of my blackberrys....
    HTC ONE (M8 - HK edition)!

ChromeCast
    Nexus 7 (2012)

BB 6510>7510>8830>8330 Curve>9530 Storm> HTC Droid Incredible > HTC REZOUND!> HTC One (M8)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,394 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

replacement is your only option
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I will never not have insurance again. 12+ years of cell ownership I've never bought it because I take such good care of my phones. I will purchase it for my next phone.

This one cracked on day 32 -- 2 days past being able to add the insurance option.

Does anyone know why the screen can't be replaced? In my searching I saw a lot of iPhone screen replacement sites. How would this screen be irreplaceable?

Thanks again

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Have you called Verizon to see if you can add the insurance option, even though its two days later?

Otherwise, you might just have to man up and pay for one retail. That would be my only other guess.

If you were able to do a screen replacement, you would void your entire warranty (if you cared). You would have the break the seal on the bottom left screw that says VOID on the back of your phone. Though, like you said, I doubt there is any place that can even do a screen replacement.

The whole main reason that the Incredible is back ordered is because there is a shortage of screens to begin with, so that puts another HUGE damper on things if you could obtain a screen.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

You could call and add insurance, wait a week or 2 and call as if it just happened...

Quote Originally Posted by breardon View Post
    I will never not have insurance again. 12+ years of cell ownership I've never bought it because I take such good care of my phones. I will purchase it for my next phone.

This one cracked on day 32 -- 2 days past being able to add the insurance option.

Does anyone know why the screen can't be replaced? In my searching I saw a lot of iPhone screen replacement sites. How would this screen be irreplaceable?

Thanks again
    The same exact thing happened to me. Thirty-two days after I bought the phone, I dropped it. Did I have insurance? Of course not, because I'm an *****.

I just got another one and added insurance.

I thought I had read elsewhere that Verizon had opened up insurance eligibility for all incredible user until June 15th no matter if it is over the 30 days??

I'm in the middle of this same problem myself. I thought that I had insurance, but apparently I did not. I only had the extended warranty, which does not cover any accidental damage. If it's past 30 days, Verizon will usually not let you add insurance. But even if you did get it added, and you made the claim afterward, you can have charges pressed against you for insurance fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by breardon View Post
    I have been searching and am unable to find anything on replacing a cracked Droid Incredible screen.

Took an approximately 18 inch fall and is still functional, but totally cracked on the top 2/3rds.

If anybody knows where I can just order a new screen and replace it myself, or even ship it off, I would be HUGELY appreciative.

Thanks
    I dropped my phone as well and it damaged the glossy black "beauty" ring, but luckily did not crack the digitizer. After searching and searching, I found the following site with replacement parts, but there are no guides on how to replace it. If you search Youtube, you will see there are a couple break down videos, but nothing specifically for replacing the digitizer. This will obviously void your warranty, but you would have to buy a new one anyway.

parts site - HTC Droid Incredible

P.S. - I have not used this site, but found it after endless searching. Good luck.

ROM
    AOKP / IMoseyOn 3.6 exp2

Default Re: Cracked Screen

I've been able to add insurance to my daughter's eris, and it was months old...like 9. Did it through Asurion's website. You have to wait 30 days for it to become active...then you're home free.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    [SIZE="3"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Sean Rector, MCSE
    Dad o' 7
    Sony Xperia Z1s