Screen Burn In

pardonmyfreedom

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I posted the same message over at another forum, trying to get some feedback on what I'm seeing:

Well guys, some bad news over here. Last night while playing around, I noticed that on a blank full screen, in the upper right corner there is a "PM" burned into my Incredible screen where the notification bar would be. It's very faint, but obvious that the screen is burnt in. I've had my Incredible since the pre-orders were shipped.

After doing some research it seems that some people with N1s are having the same issue. Apparently, AMOLED is very susceptible to burn in. Another thing that may factor in is that almost since day one I have run my Incredible at max brightness. I couldn't help it, it's so beautiful.

If anyone wants to test their Incredible, I suggest downloading the Dead Pixel Detect application on the market. It will show blank full screens in different colors. My burn in was most noticeable in blue. I will try to take pictures when I get home tonight and see if it can capture what it looks like.

A few things I've done since I found this:

* Run on Auto brightness (although some N1 users said they ran on auto and it still happened).
* The latest version of LauncherPro (which I use) has the option to hide the notification bar on the home screens, which I enabled.
* Reduced the screen timeout.

pardonmyfreedom

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Good to hear others don't see it. Hopefully it's just a problem with certain panels. I'm on the fence about whether I should take it into a store and try and get it replaced.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Good to hear others don't see it. Hopefully it's just a problem with certain panels. I'm on the fence about whether I should take it into a store and try and get it replaced.

Depending on how old your device is, I would bring it back. Thought a new one would end up the same way unless you took precaution. I've check various N1's and they all had it from the top pull down bar. It's just that most users don't look hard enough for it and never notice until I point it out. :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03