enable always on mobile data significance plus one

jland22

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Hello

New to the Droid OS and forums and loving this incredible. Does anyone know what happens if you uncheck the box mentioned above in your mobile network settings does and what the significance is of leaving it on ?

Also when texting in HTC messages which is my only known way to use sms if I am composing a new message and start typing the name address it brings up almost all my contacts in threes. It did this in my people app which I linked to alleviate that specific problem but I can't seem to find anything for this instance.

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
When I turned off the data, gmail didn't push, weather didn't update etc. I had the same problem with the contacts and I just unsynced Google contacts and am just using backup assistant.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Certain apps will not function without the mobile data network, but you will still be able to use all the normal phone functions (call, sms, etc.)

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
This only happens if you aren't on Wifi. If you turn that option off yet are on Wifi (like in your home, office, etc), you'll still get data like you used to. As you see above, others are claiming you won't get notifications until after you wake up the phone - but honestly, I haven't had that experience.

blakeyece

May 29, 2010
Visit site
so lemme get this straight...if i turn off always on mobile data, gmail will not go thru to my phone until i wake it up? and the same with the weather?

also, with it off, everything else will work as normal when the phone is awake. just when its off, there is no data pushed meaning, no gmail, facebook, weather, google voice, or google talk?

weihl165

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
so lemme get this straight...if i turn off always on mobile data, gmail will not go thru to my phone until i wake it up? and the same with the weather?

also, with it off, everything else will work as normal when the phone is awake. just when its off, there is no data pushed meaning, no gmail, facebook, weather, google voice, or google talk?
Correct. It turns off about 10 min or so after you go into sleep mode

blakeyece

May 29, 2010
Visit site
oh man that sounds perfect to save battery, but sucks with no email or gtalk or gvoice. take the good with the bad i suppose..