Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Why do my pictures keep disappearing?

Shut down/Restart your phone. I still have this issue every now and then. When it loads back up, check your gallery and all of your pictures should be back. I think one of the apps I have installed causes this or it's another general storage issue on the DINC.

Hope this helps.

I can't figure out why photos are disappearing from Gallery as well, but they are not lost. Go into your file manager and go to: emmc - - DCIM--100MEDIA. You will find your photos there.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Quote Originally Posted by Ripagodazippa View Post
    Shut down/Restart your phone. I still have this issue every now and then. When it loads back up, check your gallery and all of your pictures should be back. I think one of the apps I have installed causes this or it's another general storage issue on the DINC.

Hope this helps.
    That's what I was doing but they only returned for about a day or so and then would disappear again.

That's why I posted the problem here.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Quote Originally Posted by Kutuzov13 View Post
    I can't figure out why photos are disappearing from Gallery as well, but they are not lost. Go into your file manager and go to: emmc - - DCIM--100MEDIA. You will find your photos there.
    When you say go to your file manager, where is that?

If that is something you download from the market, that didn't work. When I accessed them through the file manager after the disappeared, the phone told me their format was not readable and I could not see the pictures until I restarted the phone at which point they returned to the gallery.

If this problem persists or comes back, and I don't plan on upgrading, I'll try a new SD card.

Yes, it is something that you download from Google Play. Try Astro File Manager.

I was just curious if this issue was ever resolved, because my phone has been doing the same thing. My phone will work normal for a short time, then anything that I have downloaded or created recently, and all of my pictures disappear. More specifically, my new music downloads from amazon will play for a short time, then skip and read playback error, and my pictures say can't read SD card. If I remount the SD card, everything goes back to normal, but only for maybe 20 minutes. It's frustrating not to be able to listen to any new music on my phone.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Try a new SD Card - if your SD Card is old it could be starting to fail. Copy all the data on your SD Card to your PC and then copy it back to the new card.

Hope this helps.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

My phone randomly "deletes" my pics too. They'll be gone for a while, then come back.. not on my SD card. I can't find them anywhere, then all of a sudden the next time I go to my gallery, they're there. I've never been able to figure out where they go, why they disappear... Nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by socarwolverine View Post
    I'm actually curious to see if anyone else is having this problem, I just got a refurb and when I read this post I figured I'd check it out. Low and behold it happens to me too.

Um, no. I came here after checking the DCIM folder, pictures folder on the device and the DCIM folder on the SD card. The gallery also only displays the most recent photos (the ones taken this month). I've been using the device less than 2 months. The photos from last month and the last week of the month before are absent from gallery and the DCIM folders. One of the disappeared photos is my wallpaper, yet my wallpaper still displays. Lost 3 photos I had of my recently deceased boyfriend. Sure would like to recover them.

Took the SD card out and put it in the computer. The DCIM folder is empty. SD card is not old, nor has it been written to extensively. Got the card about 52 days ago, have taken fewer than 100 photographs; not all written to SD card. Put SD card back in mobile device; the DCIM folder on the SD card is still empty. The DCIM folder on the device does not contain the missing photos either. Where do they go? Where is my wallpaper photo stored, as I took that photo with my device. It doesn't show up in either DCIM folder or the gallery, but yet, it is still my wallpaper.
    Last edited by BKT1; 02-23-2013 at 08:57 AM.

This happens to me to :/

Cool Re: Why do my pictures keep disappearing?

hi kutozov13...the app you told us to download the filemanager one..it keeps crashing as soon as i see the pictures i lost...so what do i do...r there any similar apps to that app

All these trouble shooting techniques do not work. I myself have lost family pics & videos, and my music every time my cell crashed and rebooted. My cell automatically deleted the folders 3 times. So my music and other files are completely lost! I do not think sd cards are safe anymore.
    Last edited by Bzgamer; 12-24-2013 at 03:23 PM. Reason: spell check

I know this is an old thread... I came looking because my wife is having that problem with her phone (I've got the Galaxy Nexus and haven't had that problem).

Not sure if there's a fix yet, but to whoever else may catch this thread, get yourself a gmail account and set up your Google+ page... then link it to your android. Whenever you take photos, your phone will send copies to your Google+ page (they'll be private). At least, if you lose your photos like some did here, you'll have backups online.

yes i too have this problem and its so annoying, i wont be getting another samsung when the contract is up. i back pics up on google now but if u take a pic with your device you would expect it to remain on device till you want to remove it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12