email alerts - blackberry converts...

If you are a blackberry convert, do you miss email alerts?

• Total voters

belogical

May 23, 2010
Visit site
With all of the blackberry users ditching RIM and coming over, I see this as becoming a bigger and bigger issue. I really need to have native email alerts and have them work regardless of the profile/scene I'm in.

For me, being in IT, I have certain emails I just can't miss, like temperature sensors in the data center. I tried using "Missed Reminders" and it works partially. I had to setup another gmail account to synch with, have my email forwarded to gmail, then synch up, then alert. If the profile is switched to vibrate for the evening say, while sleeping, you'll miss all these alerts.

What are the chances that an application will be developed soon to remedy this? What are the chances that FroYo will address this? What have you done/found that maybe I'm missing?

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Any App. developers out there, here is an opprotunity!! A ton of people are coming over from BB and there will be a demand for this!!!

Commander

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Try using Locale. It has a free plug in call locale Notify Plug In. It lets me set things I want to be silent at night to "Default Ringtone" and then the plug in changes the default ringtone to silent based on time or location. I then set the SMS Text program to anything except default ringtone. The SMS messages then make noise even when the phone is in silent mode. You could do this with a secondary gmail account I think. If not in gmail app possibly in htc mail.

Sound management is definitely one of the weakest parts of Android compared to Blackberry. I've found the program called Toggle Settings to be one of the best free apps for controlling things but Locale while not free is the best app so far.

belogical

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Try using Locale. It has a free plug in call locale Notify Plug In. It lets me set things I want to be silent at night to "Default Ringtone" and then the plug in changes the default ringtone to silent based on time or location. I then set the SMS Text program to anything except default ringtone. The SMS messages then make noise even when the phone is in silent mode. You could do this with a secondary gmail account I think. If not in gmail app possibly in htc mail.

Sound management is definitely one of the weakest parts of Android compared to Blackberry. I've found the program called Toggle Settings to be one of the best free apps for controlling things but Locale while not free is the best app so far.

Thanks, I'll check these out today.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae