1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Text message preview in standby mode

Is there a way to have the phone put up a preview in standby mood of the text you just got?
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

As in turn on the backlight and pop up a window atop the lock screen? Handcent or Chomp SMS in the Market *might* do this, but there's no way to do this with the default app.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    As in turn on the backlight and pop up a window atop the lock screen? Handcent or Chomp SMS in the Market *might* do this, but there's no way to do this with the default app.
    Handcent has a popup notification feature. You can also have it even turn on the back light like an iPhone. I have the pop up feature on, just not the backlight feature.

even in the stock app if the screen was locked, i thought (i've been using chomp for a while now) that it would show a preview of the incoming text at the bottom below the unlock handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Adiliyo View Post
    even in the stock app if the screen was locked, i thought (i've been using chomp for a while now) that it would show a preview of the incoming text at the bottom below the unlock handle.
    it does show at the bottom.....is there anyway to disable that??

There is an app called (ironically) "SMS Popup". You can set it to only popup with a preview of the message when the keyguard is enabled (aka for the incredible, when the device's screen is off). You can also set the brightness and duration of the backlight being on. Hope this is what you're looking for!

Quote Originally Posted by blunt420 View Post
    it does show at the bottom.....is there anyway to disable that??
    Yes, turn on privacy mode in the message app setting.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adiliyo View Post
    You are totally correct, but it only scrolls once and only shows a small portion of the message.