Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how to flash things.

So ive rooted and gotten the hang of some stuff.got CM7 and loving every second of it.however, how would i put custom things like adding blue to the gingerbread keyboard,or add a custom boot animation? Step by step instructions please,im not a techy

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Default Re: how to flash things.

Check the ROMs and MOD's HQ2 thread for lists of Boot screens and animations.

ROM's and Mods HQ2

The threads referenced here also have directions.

Happy flashing
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

ROM
    CM7 Nightly20120226

Just downloaded CM7 with ROMManager....stuck in bootloop hell

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Boot into Clockwork, clear data, cache and dalvik and re-flash the ROM. ROM Manager has issues clearing caches properly. In the future, you may want to flash manually in Clockwork and use ROM Manager to download the ROMs.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

ROM
    CM7 Nightly20120226

Thats what I tried, sadly I couldnt get clockwork to come up. I got it to work though, ended up loading the ROM to my SD card and going from there. reflashed clockwork so we will see if it works when I change this time