can you hear me now? nope!!

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
first time this has happened to me on the Inc. either i couldn't hear the caller, or, on other attempts, the caller couldn't hear me.

1. cell phone caller called me - i couldn't hear her, but she heard me
  2. cell phone caller called me again - i couldn't hear her, but she heard me
  3. i called her back on her cell phone - she and I heard each other only for an instant then audio fade out
  4. i called her again - she heard me, but I couldn't hear her

finally, i rebooted the phone & called her - we could hear each other just fine and the issue hasn't happened again (yet?).

that sucked. glad it wasn't a business call!!! :mad:

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
TBolt,

Have you installed any new apps recently? I had the same issue when I initially installed Slacker Radio. At first, I took the nuclear approach and removed it. Since then I have reinstalled Slacker and followed it with a reboot and have had no problems.

I'm guessing it is probably a good idea to cycle the power every so often just in case the OS isn't handling app installations and upgrades very well.

Steve in CT

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
TBolt,

I'm guessing it is probably a good idea to cycle the power every so often just in case the OS isn't handling app installations and upgrades very well.

Steve in CT

I don't know about residual installation/upgrades, but I agree -- probably a good idea to reboot now and then. Rebooting seemed to solve the issue this time, anyway. :)

My most recent install was ASTRO file manager (only a hour or two before).

Thanks for the input.

GooTz66

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
first time this has happened to me on the Inc. either i couldn't hear the caller, or, on other attempts, the caller couldn't hear me.

1. cell phone caller called me - i couldn't hear her, but she heard me
  2. cell phone caller called me again - i couldn't hear her, but she heard me
  3. i called her back on her cell phone - she and I heard each other only for an instant then audio fade out
  4. i called her again - she heard me, but I couldn't hear her

finally, i rebooted the phone & called her - we could hear each other just fine and the issue hasn't happened again (yet?).

that sucked. glad it wasn't a business call!!! :mad:

Had a similar or same issue before where all of a sudden i would accept a call and the person on the other end could hear me but i couldn't hear her. Also when I tried to make a call I would hear a buzzing/ringing on my end then the person couldn't hear me, but I could hear them.

Hasn't happened since. If i remember right it was within the first 2 weeks.

post_toastie

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Same Problem before updating my roaming

Have had the DrInc for a few weeks now with no problems so far. Did have the same little glitch the second night, read on one of the forums to update the roaming with verizon with the *288 (or is is *228, sorry bad number recall) option 2, I think? took a minute or so never had the problem again plus the call quality greatly improved overall.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
This would be the reason I exchanged mine. Except mine was making a high pitched whine from the ear piece of all places.

lilnut13

May 4, 2010
Visit site
That happened to me the first day I had it which was launch day! I was so frustrated I tried everything to fix it and nothing, in a last ditch effort I pulled the battery and it worked. I havn't had the problem sense.....

dgalanter

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Oddly, last night after posting in this topic, I couldn't be heard, or hear a call. Battery pull fixed it. Heh. Sometimes these computers we hold in our hands are glitchy. Should it become a common thing, I'd take my phone in.

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Oddly, last night after posting in this topic, I couldn't be heard, or hear a call. Battery pull fixed it. Heh. Sometimes these computers we hold in our hands are glitchy. Should it become a common thing, I'd take my phone in.

The DI is not a Blackberry, so battery pulls are not a common experience, and may lead to some unintended consequences. Could you not simply turn the phone off and then back on? FWIW, that worked for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995