Trouble Saving Pics to SD Card

BTSee

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I have set the camera app to save pictures taken to the SD card, but it continues to save them to the phone's internal memory. I've done a little research on this, but haven't found a solution.

Anyone here having this problem? Anybody know of the cause or a fix??

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
For me it shows in both until I unmount the card for safe remove. Then if I put the card back in it will only show on the card. Dont know if that makes sense.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I have set the camera app to save pictures taken to the SD card, but it continues to save them to the phone's internal memory. I've done a little research on this, but haven't found a solution.

Anyone here having this problem? Anybody know of the cause or a fix??

BTsee - I am wondering about the same issue. I posted this thread as a question as well.

From what I can tell, the phone save pictures taken on the Incredible to its internal memory which came with the phone. I believe Verizon says that there is 8GB of internal memory ( though it will read 6.6 GB) on your phone.

Did you ever get your question clarified ?

Here is a portion of what I posted.

I would like to have all of my photos (whether taken on the Droid Incredible, or taken from my non-Incredible camera) to be saved on my installed 16GB SD card. However, the pictures I have taken directly with my incredible seem to be saved on 'internal memory,' even though I have gone into the "settings" in the photo viewer and selected "storage card" >>>>>. I thought this meant photos would be saved to my SD Card. However, does "storage card" refer to the internal memory space ( 6.6GB or 8GB) ? The file path on the photos taken on my Incredible is \100MEDIA It appears to, because when I mount the phone to my PC, I do not see any of the photos taken on my incredible on my 16GB SD card

Under the photos app this is what I see:

ALBUMS

Camera shots = 8
All photos = 73

-------------------------
SD Card
-------------------------
Family Friends = 10
Wallpaper = 55

cdolan22

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Here is the solution.

Plug your phone into your computer and use as a removable drive. Move all of your pictures from the phones internal memory to your desktop and save them in a folder. Move all of the pictures there if you want actually.
Next you have to open the phone memory in your desktop, not the SD card. Go to DCIM folder and DELETE 100 Media from the phone. Now open the SD card and go to DCIM, then throw all of your pictures into that 100Media folder. Next Unmount your SD card by switching to the "charge only" option on your phone. Open your camera and make sure it is set to save pics to SD card. take a picture and check it out.
This seemed like it was confusing to me but its really easy as can be, takes like 5 minutes and works perfectly.

credo

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue. I have recored abut ten videos, all on the phone storage, even though "storage card is selected". Also, why does the "Images" listed under "SD Card" contain webpages, even after I clear everything under the browser settings?

Last edited:

lcsglvr

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Plug your phone into your computer and use as a removable drive. Move all of your pictures from the phones internal memory to your desktop and save them in a folder. Move all of the pictures there if you want actually.
Next you have to open the phone memory in your desktop, not the SD card. Go to DCIM folder and DELETE 100 Media from the phone. Now open the SD card and go to DCIM, then throw all of your pictures into that 100Media folder. Next Unmount your SD card by switching to the "charge only" option on your phone. Open your camera and make sure it is set to save pics to SD card. take a picture and check it out.
This seemed like it was confusing to me but its really easy as can be, takes like 5 minutes and works perfectly.

Thank you for pointing me in the direction of the camera folder. I had the hardest time trying to find where it saved the damn pictures. DCIM->100Media.

Anyone know where the video I recorded is saved on the inc? I can't seem to find it on my SD card or internal memory.

Last edited:

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site

cdolan - thanks !! I haven't had a chance to do the procedure, yet, but was wondering.... On my Incredible, when I go to pictures >settings > storage .... it only allows me to save to "storage card" or "phone storage" ( this is before following your procedure). At first, I thought that the Incredible's "storage card" setting referred to the "SD Card," but I believe this refers to the internal storage (which is listed on my phone as about 6.6GB), not the actual customer installed SD Card, which is 16GB

Will following your procedure bring up a new option to saved to "SD Card," in addition to the other options mentioned above ? ?

Sorry, just haven't had time to do it yet, as I am traveling, but will soon.

thanks for the help!

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for pointing me in the direction of the camera folder. I had the hardest time trying to find where it saved the damn pictures. DCIM->100Media.

Anyone know where the video I recorded is saved on the inc? I can't seem to find it on my SD card or internal memory.

I would think it would be the 'internal memory'..... which I think is actually what is referred to under the camera and video settings as the "storage card".... at least that is how it was for the pictures taken on my Incredible.

cdolan22

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
cdolan - thanks !! I haven't had a chance to do the procedure, yet, but was wondering.... On my Incredible, when I go to pictures >settings > storage .... it only allows me to save to "storage card" or "phone storage" ( this is before following your procedure). At first, I thought that the Incredible's "storage card" setting referred to the "SD Card," but I believe this refers to the internal storage (which is listed on my phone as about 6.6GB), not the actual customer installed SD Card, which is 16GB

Will following your procedure bring up a new option to saved to "SD Card," in addition to the other options mentioned above ? ?

Sorry, just haven't had time to do it yet, as I am traveling, but will soon.

thanks for the help!

Just put it under Storage Card. It will not bring up any more options, but if you want to test if it is working after you do all of the stuff with your computer and switch back to storage card, take about ten pictures, plug back into computer and see if your SD card has anything in the 100Media section. It will have the ones you just took.

BTSee

May 6, 2010
Visit site

Hi CD, thanks for your response.

Like another poster here, I haven't had a chance to sit down at the desktop to do this procedure. However, before I do, I have a question:

- If I delete the 100Media folder from the phone's internal storage, what will happen if I take photos at a later time without the SD card in the phone?

cdolan22

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi CD, thanks for your response.

Like another poster here, I haven't had a chance to sit down at the desktop to do this procedure. However, before I do, I have a question:

- If I delete the 100Media folder from the phone's internal storage, what will happen if I take photos at a later time without the SD card in the phone?

Well that is a darn good question.... hm. Maybe I'll try it out and let you know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance