Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    340 Global Posts

Default Incredible Launchers

I just got my Incredible, coming from a droid, the other day. I love it but i loved the ADW Launcher on the Droid. I will install and function but i lose all the HTC Widgets. Is there any way to get the HTC widgets with a different launcher?

The only way to use HTCs widgets is while using Sense. However, there are some widgets that have the same style of looks, such as Beautiful Widgets, Weather Widget(with the free add-on) & Pure Calendar/Messaging. Hope this helps.

ROM
    BAMF Rezound ICS v0.6

the only thing I haven't been able to find a good replacement for is the photo gallery widget
    ~Paul
    HTC ReZound
    HP Touchpad w/ CM7 Alpha 3
    Vignette (The BEST camera app) review
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,394 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

I don't know of any photo gallery widgets out there.

I just switch between ADW and Sense every couple of days, its like having the Inc. and MOTO all in one (with out that silly physical keyboard)

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts

I would like to use a replacement launcher too. Sense launcher is pretty and all, I just prefer another so that I have screen rotation and the such. Problem is that I'm not willing to give up my Sense widgets.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,394 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by jstkdn View Post
    I would like to use a replacement launcher too. Sense launcher is pretty and all, I just prefer another so that I have screen rotation and the such. Problem is that I'm not willing to give up my Sense widgets.
    That's what I was thinking before I went a couple of days without them then I realized I didn't need them. I use pure messenger, pure calendar, facebook, and then add some short cuts to websites and I wasn't missing anything.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Now that I have Beautiful Widgets installed and am not really using any Sense widgets at this point I am going to try out LauncherPro again.

I am using Launcher Pro, I like it's simplicity and speed. There is no HTC Sense Widgets on any 3rd party launchers though. ADW is great and fast too.

I've just switched to Launcher Pro today, and am using Fancy Widget which replicates the HTC clock/weather widget. I may try out Beautiful Widgets though, it looks good.

Only widget I can't live without is the favorites widget for calling selections. I'm sure there is an app like it but haven't found it yet.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

I am liking LauncherPro a LOT now. I never used all 7 screens so it's nice to have a choice (stuck with just the default 3). Also love the landscape mode and it's overall style when opening apps and whatnot.

I doubt i'll switch back to Sense any time soon. I may try ADW though.

someone should post a video so we can see the whole process and what it looks like why buy the cow when you get the milk for free lol

Default Replace Favorites Widget

Quote Originally Posted by bradley975 View Post
    Only widget I can't live without is the favorites widget for calling selections. I'm sure there is an app like it but haven't found it yet.
    I use ADW Launcher and at first I missed the Favorites widget too, but then I realized you can just make shortcuts to do the same thing. If you long press on home screen and go to shortcuts you can choose "Direct Call" or "Direct Message" then choose your contact. It even shows the contact picture on the shortcut. This replaced the favorites widget for me but you can only fit 16 shortcuts on a screen so if you want more then that you're out of luck.

Other widgets I got to replace the Sense widgets I use:

Pure Music widget: can look exactly like the both Sense music widget with album art too, has smaller sizes and lots of options for themes and settings.
    Smooth Calendar
    Digital Clock Widget by Maize: I like a smaller Sense Clock and use a separate weather channel widget anyway. The digital clock widget can even link directly to the HTC Clock App when you press it (a feature I definitely wanted in my clock widget)
    I also got a bunch of the CurveFish switches to replace the Sense ones.