Root; Just what exactly is it??

llasch

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Now I know a lot of 'root' threads exist but most of those are people who know what it is. Would someone please explain in detail what root is and what exactly you are able to do by rooting your phone??

I have an iPod touch and I have it jailbroken, which to my understanding opens it up to third party applications (which is a no-no and will void the warranty correct?). Is rooting the Dinc going to be the same premise as jailbreaking an Ipod/Iphone?? I love going through step by step instructions online and making tweaks on electronics, I already added the fancy boot screen to my Incredible (the one with the eye and the "droid" audio..it's pretty badass) and I probably will take the root plunge once I know it is legit and safe as I don't get TOO crazy.

This is my first smartphone but I would like to see some of your feedback on what you are REALLY able to do with a rooted phone. This thread will hopefully answer some questions for those of you who don't know much about this either. Thanks guys....this forum is very helpful and I look forward to some good responses.

Chaos5

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
If you are familiar with Windows its like running a program as an Administrator. Its called being a "Super User" with Linux based systems(Android). So basically you can change stuff as you want within the phones programming.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463