SD card not reading

jmarsh97

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
So I have had this phone for a while, and the SD card has always worked great. But yesterday, it just stopped working. I noticed it wasn't working when I opened my music and it said that I have no music. So I went into the storage settings, and under SD card it said unavailable. I took out the card and put it back in to see if it would fix itself, and for a second it said preparing SD card, but then it flashed "removing SD card" and it does the same thing every time I try. I tried using my brothers card, and it worked fine. My card also works on his phone. Has anyone else had this issue, and is there a way to fix it?

Last edited:

ilybbyrawr

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine has been doing the same thing! I've had this phone for two years and never had this problem until a few days ago. It is aggravating cuz I have so much stuff saved to my card that i can no longer use. if anyone has a solution, please share it!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Put the card into your computer and copy everything off - then re-format as FAT32 and copy everything back. You should be good.

PolynesianMedic

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I have this same problem, but when I try to put my card in my computer, the computer card reader doesn't recognize anything is even there. I have also tried another, smaller card, and I get the same results. Thoughts?

**EDIT** I got my computer to see the card, however when I tried to access it to remove everything from it so I could format it, I got an I/O Device Error

Last edited:

HTC WILDFR

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Re : SD card not reading PLZ HELP

hi ppl,am using htc wildifire since 1 year.
Just Couple of days before i wanted a movie(HD-MP4 file 640 MB) from a friend's laptop, as i dint had a pen drive i copied it in my memory card.

i CASUALLY opened gallery and i just clicked on the folder of the movie, somthing happened n since then my phone is not taking reading any memory card. (CARD WORKING fine IN PC)

ERROR IS "REMOVED SD CARD, INSERT A NEW ONE"
plz plz help (PHONE NOT IN WARRANTY)
PHONE NOT reading other SD CARDS AS WELL..

:'(

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If it's working on your PC then copy everything off - format it as fat32 and then copy everything back.

SD cards can suffer from file system corruption and failure just like regular drives.

mystiphi

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem...

My phone all of a sudden stopped reading my SD card in all apps. Under Settings -> SD card & phone storage, it tells me the memory card has 29.6GB of total space and 8.23GB of free space. Also, I am able to access all the files but only through Root Explorer. I removed the card, copied the data to my computer, formatted as FAT32, re-copied the data back to the card, and am still having the exact same problem!!! Yes, I am rooted but did not change any settings. I even went back to stock thinking the system update that recently went through could help. Still no access other than through Root Explorer. Is there some setting or file somewhere that should be edited or removed. Again, I didn't change anything in the first place. It's been like this for 2 weeks now. Frustrating...

plarson

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
If I take the back off my Galaxy S3 and press on the sd card from the top metal enclosure, the "Mount SD Card" shows up instead of being greyed out, but my card still reads as empty! This sucks. I cannot read it in my computer SD Card slot either (with adapter). It asks if I want to reformat my card. I'm stuck. Should this be covered under warranty?

Angelgreene03

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Old sd card kept turning my phone on and off. new sd card is taking forever for my downloads would love to knw how to tranfere all my old data to my new sd card. please could someone walk me thru on how to do this. ill hav to use a friends comp.

Jhoanna Olipares

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
So I have had this phone for a while, and the SD card has always worked great. But yesterday, it just stopped working. I noticed it wasn't working when I opened my music and it said that I have no music. So I went into the storage settings, and under SD card it said unavailable. I took out the card and put it back in to see if it would fix itself, and for a second it said preparing SD card, but then it flashed "removing SD card" and it does the same thing every time I try. I tried using my brothers card, and it worked fine. My card also works on his phone. Has anyone else had this issue, and is there a way to fix it?

sa1llvador

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
helllo i have a zte
i erased a 16 gb sd card i wad using in it. because it wouldn't recognize that it even was inserted . thot that would work... when i had put it i the adaptor sd chip to put into my laptop it showed that the sd card sttill have all the saved crap....so i said to bad and deleted ....put it back in the zte smart phone andriod.... and still samething. what do i do? is my sd finished?
pls help :-( sincerly sammy

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
helllo i have a zte
i erased a 16 gb sd card i wad using in it. because it wouldn't recognize that it even was inserted . thot that would work... when i had put it i the adaptor sd chip to put into my laptop it showed that the sd card sttill have all the saved crap....so i said to bad and deleted ....put it back in the zte smart phone andriod.... and still samething. what do i do? is my sd finished?
pls help :-( sincerly sammy
Have you tried to format the SD card from the laptop with the FAT32 file system?

Countryboychevy01

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Put the card into your computer and copy everything off - then re-format as FAT32 and copy everything back. You should be good.

I do not have a card reader for my computer how can i resolve the problem my phone was working fine with my sd card before today and now it dosnt see my card i dont know what to do here my phone unlocks in my pocket sometimes could i have turned something off maybe !!!!????????please help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37