Any way to HIDE the battery meter?

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
So, I've recently realized I have become obsessed with the battery level. My phone lasts for almost 30 hours, yet I'm constantly checking to see what the battery level is. I realized I should just stop it, so I deleted all my battery widgets and monitoring apps.

However, this leaves the green battery meter at the top of the screen. When I see it decrease a little bit, I find myself suddenly trying to time how long it's been off the charger, how it is compared to other days, etc.

So is there any app I can download that will outright just disable the battery meter, and only have it shown to me when the battery's at like 20% or less? I think it will definitely help my battery obsession.

I know it's an odd request, but I'm sure some of you can relate. :p

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Strange request.

You know the simple answer is to just not check the battery indicator.

Anyways I dont know if there is a way to do so without removing the entire notifcation bar, which seems excessive for such a small issue.

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
I know, it's definitely strange. I don't want to remove the whole notification bar, just the battery part of it.

It's no big deal. I was just wondering if it could help me with my battery-checking addiction. :)

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Once we have root that will be possible but until then you could use a launcher like ADW or Pro and they both have options to remove the entire notification bar.

Don't worry your not alone I'm always watching my battery and plugging in when I drop below 100%.

SpartanDroid

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
No you can't remove the battery notification. I believe someone stated in a previous thread that the only way you can remove any of the icons that came installed is by rooting your phone. So I guess we have to wait to root............