Gmail vs. Hotmail interface

rosariorose9

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Have both Gmail and Hotmail on my DI. With my Hotmail, there's an entire separate screen with a 'preview' which allows you to flip through your emails, showing the first page of each one. Don't know where it came from, but think it was preloaded on the phone. I have no such preview for my Gmail. Anyone know if that can be done, or if it's unique to Hotmail?

Thanks

anon(28010)

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The separate screen is your htc mail widget..There is no widget for gmail, but you can add your gmail account to htc mail and set up a separate widget for your gmail account..

Far as I know, there is no way to have the same mail widget access more than one account..So you would have to give up one of your 7 home screens for each mail account..I have two home screens set up like that..

Other people will probably have info about a app that will do what you are looking for, I hope..

rosariorose9

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks so much, tuchphard. For some reason I keep getting a message that "authentication failed. Please verify your username/password." User name and password are correct, so don't know what the problem is...

Last edited:

rosariorose9

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Got it!! Had to change my Gmail password (no idea why), but finally successful in authentication. Thanks again tuchphard for your help!

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
The separate screen is your htc mail widget..There is no widget for gmail, but you can add your gmail account to htc mail and set up a separate widget for your gmail account..

Far as I know, there is no way to have the same mail widget access more than one account..So you would have to give up one of your 7 home screens for each mail account..I have two home screens set up like that..

Other people will probably have info about a app that will do what you are looking for, I hope..

K-9 will allow multiple accounts and an Integrated Inbox that will show all mail from all accounts. You can color code each account so you can easily identify which message is from which account. It also shows a preview of the email and you can select all or multiple messages to delete or move to folders.

K-9 is much more functional then either the HTC or Gmail apps. It is free in the Market but make sure you go to the website as the current version is four or five builds a head of the Market version