Incredible in stock at Amazon!

tangomonky

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
thanks for headsup. I tried to cancel my verizon order so I could use Amazon, but apparently it wasnt feasible, Guess im waiting till the 20th :/

skart

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
thanks for headsup. I tried to cancel my verizon order so I could use Amazon, but apparently it wasnt feasible, Guess im waiting till the 20th :/

According to this you should be able to cancel within 30 days even if you have received your Incredible. What was their excuse for not canceling?

atxandroid

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I ordered 2 Incredibles on amazon they'll be here on the 11th... I can't wait. I still have to cancel the order I did at the Verizon store, but will do that when I have the amazon order in hand.

UARandy3

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to let everyone know that the Incredible is back in stock at Amazon right now! Free 2 day shipping too.

Just ordered mine - said it will be here on Monday.

Good hunting :)

Amazon.com: HTC DROID INCREDIBLE Android Phone (Verizon Wireless): Cell Phones & Service

I joined just to say thanks for the heads up! I just ordered mine and it says it should be here Monday. I've been wanting to get away from my current crapberry but also didn't want to wait 3 weeks for ordering through verizon. I can't wait for Monday (probably one of the few times I'll ever say that)
:cool:

tangomonky

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
According to this you should be able to cancel within 30 days even if you have received your Incredible. What was their excuse for not canceling?

They said I could cancel it, but they couldnt guarantee me it would actually cancel. What kind of sense does that make? So even if I cancelled she said it still might arrive on my doorstop. Plus I couldnt do the upgrade contract extension for the 200$ pricetag unless Verizon reset my ability to do that.

ctw500

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
FYI - just got an email from Amazon saying that it would ship today (instead of tomorrow like they first told me) so it will be here Friday!

I can't wait!

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Question about ordering from Amazon.com... It seems as though the only way to receive the $149 price is if you are signing a new contract. I have 2 available upgrades on my current contract. How would I go about applying those upgrades instead of needing to sign a new contract?

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Cancelling Place order w/ VZW

It really can't be done. Verizon doesn't produce the phone, so basically once you order through them, they simply send the order to HTC. Thus, once the order is placed, there doesn't seem to be a way to cancel via Verizon that is guaranteed (also why VZW reps are clueless about emails/notification of shipment). You could simply order from Amazon, then return the other phone if/when its received (easier for those who ordered in store vs. online). Or, if the first is a dud/has issues, you'd know you have a back-up on the way.

The only really pitfall is carrying the charge for two phones for a while. And, from what I saw when doing a mock order, some specs can't be included via Amazon and will probably need to be set-up through Verizon.

I considered hoping on the Amazon train for it, but I'll live by 'good things come to those who wait' mantra. I'm not in any rush anyway.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Question about ordering from Amazon.com... It seems as though the only way to receive the $149 price is if you are signing a new contract. I have 2 available upgrades on my current contract. How would I go about applying those upgrades instead of needing to sign a new contract?

You'd need to go direct through VZW. The Amazon price seems to include both a $50 new every two credit (even for those new Verizon customers) and the $100 rebate. Thus why you need to sign a new contract for it.

tangomonky

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I admire your patience MA2GA28, we have the same shipping date. After playing with an incredible in the store however, I now realize just how awful my BB storm really is. Hair is falling out in agony here.

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You'd need to go direct through VZW. The Amazon price seems to include both a $50 new every two credit (even for those new Verizon customers) and the $100 rebate. Thus why you need to sign a new contract for it.

Gotcha, oh well, guess I'm going to have to wait just like everyone else.

gmz73#AC

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

I called last night to cancel my order too and was told that it can't be cancelled while on backorder. I could either refuse shipment or send it back. Only 5 more days though and my Incredible will be here. Wish I would have seen that sooner!:p

I go to the store almost daily to play with the Incredible and I too realize how bad my Storm 9550 is too. It will not be missed!

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Quick question: I'm entitled to a company discount on Verizon plans through my employer. There seems to be no way to get this discount when ordering on Amazon. Is this something I can change later at a Verizon Wireless store? Or, if I get the phone, can I cancel the service within thirty-days, then "re-buy" the phone I have and get the discount through the store?

Just wondering,

Travis

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Quick question: I'm entitled to a company discount on Verizon plans through my employer. There seems to be no way to get this discount when ordering on Amazon. Is this something I can change later at a Verizon Wireless store? Or, if I get the phone, can I cancel the service within thirty-days, then "re-buy" the phone I have and get the discount through the store?

Just wondering,

Travis

You can add this whenever w/o canceling your plan. I know in the online account interface, there's a page to update this.