Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Profile switching App

Hey everyone, I have been searching for a good Profile Switching App... I tried out the trial for eMode and am currently trying out "Switching Profiles".

The one feature I would really like to have is GPS based profile switching. Both of those apps do it... I couldn't get the eMode map to ever show up when trying to select a location though.

It seems like Switching Profiles will do everything I want and then some, but I thought I would get a little feedback on this topic. Feel free to provide comments on either of these apps and your experience with them as well. Thanks!

HTC just released a simple profile switching widget.. You have to update your "Get more HTC widgets" and it will be there, also have a new one for ringtones..
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    ROM
    OMFGB

Sweet, didn't know they had new ones out!
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,027 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

wish the widget updates were pushed

That would be nice..

Settings Profiles! It has a widget and is completely awesome.

So I'm confused about the HTC widget. Does it do anything different besides holding the power button down for 2 seconds and selecting the profile that way?

I want to have a "bedside mode" that will let me hear sounds for phone calls and SMS/MMS, but disable sounds for all other notifications. I tried the "Profiles" app, but it was messing with my sounds too much and randomly shutting off the vibrate mode.
    Slink
    Follow me on Twitter!

No Slinky it just gives you the three basic options,

Normal
    Vibrate
    Silent
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks for the replies... the HTC widget I can't even get to show up after I install it...

That doesn't satisfy what I'm looking for though, I want near complete profile control... sounds, BT, Wi-Fi, etc... and GPS tracking to switch those profiles if I can.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,027 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Quote Originally Posted by BigpappaJ View Post
    Thanks for the replies... the HTC widget I can't even get to show up after I install it...

That doesn't satisfy what I'm looking for though, I want near complete profile control... sounds, BT, Wi-Fi, etc... and GPS tracking to switch those profiles if I can.
    it's there under applications I think after you hit widgets..
    It's buried.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Yeah thanks, I found it under "settings"... I'm blind :P

This still doesn't really do anything like I would like though... cool find, but not what I want.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,027 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Yeah thanks, I found it under "settings"... I'm blind :P

This still doesn't really do anything like I would like though... cool find, but not what I want.
    I hear ya....I had it on my wm phone and it was called CT scheduler that after 9 would turn BT off, etc. Gosh I miss my q9m more than my bb lol.

IT'S IN BETA!!!

http://www.connectivetools.com/ctscheduler_ndr.html

LOVED THIS APP ON WM!!!!
    Last edited by tony bag o donuts; 06-09-2010 at 05:10 PM.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Might have to check it out when it gets out of beta. I'm really liking "Setting Profiles" so far... but the lite version only allows me to set one profile. I do this, and set my house as the location... but even 5+ miles from that location it seems to activate that profile.

I'm not sure if this is because it assumes that the 1 profile should be the default or not. I need to create it without the location profile... or with a far away location, and see what happens.

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts

Might have to check it out when it gets out of beta. I'm really liking "Setting Profiles" so far... but the lite version only allows me to set one profile. I do this, and set my house as the location... but even 5+ miles from that location it seems to activate that profile.

I'm not sure if this is because it assumes that the 1 profile should be the default or not. I need to create it without the location profile... or with a far away location, and see what happens.
    I'm using the Lite version of Settings Profiles too.. I'm not confident enough to do it location based, but it does have a widget, so I'm just using that to switch back and forth based on where I am. It seems promising.. CT Scheduler does look like it has even more features, at least with other versions of it.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

After a couple days I decided to go with "Setting Profiles"... while not the most reliable as far as location based profiles go, the developer seems to know what hes doing and I have confidence it will get there. It also is very reliable so far, as far as all the other switching events go, time, calendar, battery state, etc. nothing has happened that shouldn't, and all that should does. I especially like the widget... widgets are always good and being able to temporarily set a profile for a set amount of time easily. Anyways, just wanted to let you guys know. Thanks!

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slinky317 View Post
    So I'm confused about the HTC widget. Does it do anything different besides holding the power button down for 2 seconds and selecting the profile that way?

I want to have a "bedside mode" that will let me hear sounds for phone calls and SMS/MMS, but disable sounds for all other notifications. I tried the "Profiles" app, but it was messing with my sounds too much and randomly shutting off the vibrate mode.
    Get Ring Manager pro for this, it works great.

Slinky317: Check out "Bedside". I believe it does exactly what you are wanting.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Does anybody know if there is some sort of profile app that will power up wifi BT and GPS when the device is plugged in. This would be nice when the Inc plugged in and say mounted in a car dock.
    Cheers!

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

I have tried just about all of them and settled on Timeriffic. Controls everything and does not mess with anything you don't want changed. Tells you what profile you are on and what will activate next. Not much talk about Timeriffic but very worthwhile checking out.
    -----------------------------------------------
    The brightest Thunder-Bolt is elicited from the darkest Storm. Charles Caleb Colton ...

It seems that Timeriffic is only based on time, not location?

And unless I am missing something, the new Profile widget from HTC just has three general settings and requires you to make the changes?

Has anyone tried Ultimate Profile?
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓

Try locale. A little pricey @ $10 plus additional costs for plugins but you can set it up to do what you want between location, time and (through a plugin) the fact it's connected to A/C.

-Ron

Settings Profiles will do everything you would want and then some
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,027 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Testing out CT scheduler from Connective Tools...hopefully it will be released soon.

"quick profiles" looks good too ... but it lacks "rules" ability i think

"toggle settings" seems like it has some promise, but maybe a little bloated ... i do like the way it handles task/service management though

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Toggle Settings is the best Free profile changing app I've found.

Locale is the best all around automation app for profile and other setting management.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast