A few last questions before the switch

Mister869

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I am currently a BlackBerry user on Verizon and have been a BB fanboy for a while.

I am very seriously thinking of a switch. I follow all the SPE sites and phones offered somewhat but would like to confirm a couple things b4 choosing what platform to move to.

1 I am a Verizon guy and where I live and work I know I cannot use AT&T. I have to do a little research about Sprint, but probably will remain with old reliable.

Android and Incredible specific questions.

My company uses Exchange and I need to be on a phone that works well with exchange for my email, calendar, contacts and hopefully tasks. How does the incredible work with Exchange?

Screen outdoors - how bad is it?

Mobile WiFi hotspot? I know the incredible does not currently have that ability but will it with future OS updates or is the hardware not able?

How good / bad is the keyboard? The only touch keyboard that I have ever used with any success is the iPhone. How does the incredible compare?

Thanks in advance for any input you can provide.

markhunsaker

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
As for exchange, you can sync everything but tasks. You can set it to push to your phone.

Outside...isn't horrible, but in direct sunlight you will either have to turn the brightness all the way up or you will need to shield the screen.

The keyboard is comparable to the iphone. You can calibrate the screen to your touch making the keyboard very accurate.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I came from BB and all my exchange needs have been met. The Native App is OK, but I prefer to use Touchdown. It will sync everything but Notes and Nitrodesk, the developer, has been working on that.

The screen in direct sunlight is special. With screen brightness set to max I do OK, but wouldn't want to do much more than call unless I found a shadow to sit in. That said, the size of the screen is a huge improvement over non-Storm BlackBerries.

Are you looking for a true wifi hotspot or would tethering work? PDANet is awesome.

Before the Incredible, I found the iPhone keyboard to be the only virtual keyboard that I like to use. I also had serious iPhone envy for a host of other reasons...not anymore!

If you are due for a new phone, I'd recommend picking up the Incredible and if you aren't happy at the end of thirty days, go back to BB.

Steve in CT

hls811

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I second the vote for Touchdown.. as a former BB user (Tour) I've gotta say I like Touchdown for my exchange mail better than I liked it on my BB. Its got a few quirks (what are all those phantom graphics showing up in my pictures folder...??) but its very easy to use and really very useful.

I also agree about direct sunlight.. its not perfect, but its visable. In all honesty I probably strugged seeing the screen on my Tour just as much when the sun was really bright.

Onto the keyboard. I had the original iPhone and hated the keyboard, it was the reason I went back to a Blackberry and never seriously gave Touchscreen keyboards a chance. I tried and didn't like the Storm keyboard and wasn't all that thrilled with the little I used a MotoDroid. Within 2 minutes of messing around with the DInc in the store I was sold, and after using it for a week I love it.

Kainz15

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I actually have quite a problem in direct sunlight - you def. need the brightness turned all the way up or move into the shade for anything to be easily readable on my phone.

lcsglvr

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Came from BB Tour. While BB is phenomenal in direct sunlight, I honestly don't have a problem with my Incredible in the sun. In direct sunlight or really bright days, I just turn the screen brightness up to 100% and do just fine (call, text, surf internet). The screen on the incredible at 100% in the shade or inside is really something great. The colors just pop out and gave a new experience to wallpapers and other things.

Will not look back to BB until they get their game together.

I did like their notification LED light, long battery life, push everything, and was fairly reliable. However, I can deal with a very small LED light, buying an extended battery (1750 battery), semi-pushed things, and a REALLY reliable phone that doesn't take 2-5 minutes to boot up (Incredible takes about 20 seconds- so it doesn't bother me turning it off to save battery or clear out memory etc.- with BB, I was always very hesitant to restart it unless I knew I was not going to be using my phone for anything for the next 5 minutes).

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
outside is a not so bad and im in Miami... the keyboard if you use swype then its awesome

i came from a bb storm 9550 .. i use to be a help/support for driphter.com and i tell you what i ain't looking back.. i dont miss nothing about the 9550

Mister869

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Thank you everyone. All of the input is great. I went to Verizon last night and played with it as well. All looks good and I am ordering one. Unfortunately it will take about 3 weeks before I get it. No stock anywhere I am being told.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma