Best Incredible Launcher and why...

brandonalt

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey all...

I've been watching several of the threads here and trying to decide whether of not I wanted to move off of the HTC Sense on my Incredible and go to a different launcher. So, here's my questions for the masses...

1. What are the "best" launcher available?
2. Why?

Thanks in advance to everyone!

B~

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, I'm still with the stock one - it simply works! If I get bored I may try Launcher Pro and Beautiful Widgets; I've seen some interesting screens.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I've had 3 Android phones so far, and the Incredible's SenseUI is the best I've seen/used.

I love the flick between emails widget, and the SMS widget(although it's slow and has issues).. and the pinch to show all 7 screens, and just the smoothness. It's great!

markhunsaker

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I have used all the main launchers. I have found I always come back to Sense or the stock launcher. I have noticed battery drains on a few of the others...Sense seems to be the most stable. I also LOVE my HTC widgets that I don't get with the stock launcher. Anyone else out there noticing decreased battery life with any of the launchers?

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I've had 3 Android phones so far, and the Incredible's SenseUI is the best I've seen/used.

I love the flick between emails widget, and the SMS widget(although it's slow and has issues).. and the pinch to show all 7 screens, and just the smoothness. It's great!

Ditto................:)

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm using ADW Launcher to have a little change I tend to get bored pretty quick even with Sense. Here are a few things why I like ADW and I'm sure Launcher Pro will do most if not all of these options.
1. Set the number of screens you want between 1-7
2. Rotates home screen
3. hide status bar
4. Drawer settings include (background color, transparency of drawer, change # of columns in drawer)
5. Home button takes you to preview of all screens
6. set the color for icon press
7. hide desktop icon labels
8. hidden dock to fit 6 apps

Overall it runs very fast and smooth just like Sense.

the337

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm using ADW Launcher to have a little change I tend to get bored pretty quick even with Sense. Here are a few things why I like ADW and I'm sure Launcher Pro will do most if not all of these options.
1. Set the number of screens you want between 1-7
2. Rotates home screen
3. hide status bar
4. Drawer settings include (background color, transparency of drawer, change # of columns in drawer)
5. Home button takes you to preview of all screens
6. set the color for icon press
7. hide desktop icon labels
8. hidden dock to fit 6 apps

Overall it runs very fast and smooth just like Sense.

I use laucnherpro. you're right. launcherpro does most of those. I have had no battery life problems with using a home replacement.

ranstine

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Does the Sense launcher still run in the background if you use a replacement? I've seen what looks like a HTC startup screen if I've been using LauncherPro and I switch back to Sense.

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I like how the screen rotates in Landscape when using Launcher pro. But, I really like the weather animations in the stock weather app. Now I'm torn... ;)

Nephilim_80

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Launcherpro all the way, it can be set to look exactly like froyo, with the 3D app drawer and everything. I looked at ADW but just like Launcherpro better.

Bobby9

May 13, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I like about stock Sense over LauncherPro is the fact that scrolling is smoother with Sense. It's not that LP's scrolling is bad per se but it's just not as smooth and seamless as it is in Sense. That being said the quicker app drawer and 4 dock icons make it a no brainer over Sense.

ScottLong

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So its been a couple of weeks now since ive used Sense. I am really loving LauncherPro. Love the dock at the bottom, landscape view, and 3d app drawer. Runs smooth for me, too, except with the NexusMod live wallpaper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34