powering device off question

zdsa1021

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I may just be and idiot...... but is there any quicker way to power off the incredible than holding the power button, unlocking the screen, choosing "power off" and then hitting "Ok" when it prompts you that it's going to shut down the phone?

this just seems ridiculous that I have to go through four steps just to shut the phone off and I can't figure out any other way.

Thanks!

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
that's pretty much the only way.

as far as rebooting, you can do it through a terminal, but that's not really much faster.

the only phones i know of that turn off in one step are dumbphones, most smartphones aren't designed to be turned off regularly, so they don't make it very quick to do so.

zdsa1021

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I thought about that and did do some searching in the market, but all the ones I found seem to only manage power for wi-fi, bluetooth, autosync, etc....

zdsa1021

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
that's pretty much the only way.

as far as rebooting, you can do it through a terminal, but that's not really much faster.

the only phones i know of that turn off in one step are dumbphones, most smartphones aren't designed to be turned off regularly, so they don't make it very quick to do so.

that's what I was afraid of....on my BB there was a power off icon that I pressed and that was it.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't resort to name calling, but...

It could take 30 button presses to power down and it would still power down (and reboot) faster than the BlackBerry!

Steve in CT