Couple of things on the Inc....

Kratzer

May 1, 2010
Visit site
First the small thing: I have my first complaint about worksmanship. The red grill on the earpiece is garbage. Mine is all bent up and the red is worn off, and my phone spends 90% of its time in a desk or on a table. Maybe I'm rough with my phone, or got a crappy exception too.

Secondly, my wife recieved her Inc yesterday. I have one from the intial batch of themThe new packaging is very cool (minor) but as I was activating and setting hers up, it seemed heavier. Heavier enough to notice. I thought I was crazy and help the phones one in each hand, and then switched hands, and my wife's phone felt heavier for sure at this point. So I had my wife feel them. She felt the same thing.

On to the postal scale they went, and sure enough, my wife's phone is a little more than 15 grams more than mine. I know its not real significant, but I can't figure out why? Maybe in the samsung shortage they had to go to a bulkier screen? Maybe they realized how crap the initial stock batteries were and beefed them up?

Last edited:

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Well the earpiece grill on every verizon smartphone I've ever had has been less than exceptional. Attracts lint, shows wear, etc. Mine hasn't rubbed off the color so i'm not sure why yours has.

As for the heavier feeling, I would be interested to know why as well. Your not the first person that has said this, so if you have access to the scale, can you weigh the batterys and see if there is any difference? Also weigh the phones without batterys to see if its there.

I would bet its the battery. If so, please look to see if they are labeled any different with the part numbers. Even if just one digit. This could mean new batterys for a lot of us.

Since li-ion will basically hold any shape its given, I could see a battery manufacturer who was short on supply making a little bit smaller capacity battery but labeling it as normal, only to switch it out later on for what it was supposed to be. They would likely make a small part number change just to be able to identify the difference.

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
The battery was my first thought, too. Maybe they are beefing them up a little. Does it say the amperage on her battery?

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
As someone else suggested, please weigh the phones without the batteries, and then weigh just the batteries.

I suppose it could be the screen, but I think it'd be the battery.

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
I know on some of the new Incredibles that are being shipped, they're being shipped with the 2150 mAh battery in addition to the normal one because of the long wait. Did your phone come with one battery or two?

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I know on some of the new Incredibles that are being shipped, they're being shipped with the 2150 mAh battery in addition to the normal one because of the long wait. Did your phone come with one battery or two?

Are they seriously? Not to seem rude, but do you have proof?

That's awesome news for me, though:)

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Are they seriously? Not to seem rude, but do you have proof?

That's awesome news for me, though:)

I had to wait three weeks for my DInc and no special battery or even note from Verizon about the delay. Has anyone else heard about a bigger battery shipping with the phone due to the long wait time? If so, I'm off to Verizon!! ;-)

xblitz44x#CB

Jun 9, 2010
www.twitter.com
That would be fantastic if it shipped with a bigger battery. But I'm sure the OP would have noticed that the battery door was bigger. Unless, like you guys already mentioned, it was shipped with a better battery that happened to fit with the stock door.

Kratzer

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Batteries account for 5 grams or so. Empty phones are 11 different. Very odd but I'm not going to disect them to cure my curiosity.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Batteries account for 5 grams or so. Empty phones are 11 different. Very odd but I'm not going to disect them to cure my curiosity.

So it isn't the battery. Bummer.

Perhaps in the demand to manufacturer these phones, HTC went with a different, heavier material for something.

I don't blame you for not dissecting them.

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

No you don't want to do that with the batterys or the phones. But thanks for looking. I guess I would be curious on the part numbers on the phones and the batterys at this point to see thier difference. As a side note, I added 5 grams of weight to my phone and it was hardly noticable. I added 10 and I could tell, 15 I could tell even more. I'm going to weigh my phone and add some part numbers here, for comparisons sake. I got my phone on release day, ordered it online.

Phone with battery - 130.85 Grams
Phone without battery but with back cover - 99.00 Grams
Phone without battery and back cover - 91.30 Grams
Battery - 31.85 Grams

Battery - Serial # 2LFA203F028892 Part # 35H00134-03M
Another number on the battery - DC10031519S13
Battery says 1300mAh

Last edited: