frustrations...some minor, some not

ddodge68

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok...I have had my Incredible for about a month now. I came from a BB Tour. While there are a lot of "incredible" features about this phone, there are a few that are really making me question whether or not to keep the phone.

1) battery live is horrible. I live in an area with poor phone coverage. The battery lasts about 8 hours. And I do have Advanced App Killer.

2) I am unable to search contacts by company name. I have somewhere in the area of 800 contacts in my phone. If I want to find all of the ones from, for example, John Deere, I will search Deere...the search will come back blank. No contacts found.

3) when I want to send an email to my wife, I start typing in "jane doe", and her email address will show up....5 times. If I just type "jane", I will get several Jane's in the list, and each one of their email addresses will show up 3-5 times apiece.

4) No voice dialing from my bluetooth head set.

5) I love the voice to text feature. Now make it so it can be used with my bluetooth headset.

If I am simply missing a feature, or an option to fix these issues, I would welcome anyone's advice. As it is, this phone may be going back to Verizon...

Thanks,
Dan

vidgmr2001

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok...I have had my Incredible for about a month now. I came from a BB Tour. While there are a lot of "incredible" features about this phone, there are a few that are really making me question whether or not to keep the phone.

1) battery live is horrible. I live in an area with poor phone coverage. The battery lasts about 8 hours. And I do have Advanced App Killer.

2) I am unable to search contacts by company name. I have somewhere in the area of 800 contacts in my phone. If I want to find all of the ones from, for example, John Deere, I will search Deere...the search will come back blank. No contacts found.

3) when I want to send an email to my wife, I start typing in "jane doe", and her email address will show up....5 times. If I just type "jane", I will get several Jane's in the list, and each one of their email addresses will show up 3-5 times apiece.

4) No voice dialing from my bluetooth head set.

5) I love the voice to text feature. Now make it so it can be used with my bluetooth headset.

If I am simply missing a feature, or an option to fix these issues, I would welcome anyone's advice. As it is, this phone may be going back to Verizon...

Thanks,
Dan

battery life on most smart phones is horrible, especially inareas of poor reception. try a seidio battery or turing off features that you don't use through a widget (i.e. does your wifi need to be turned on when not at home?)

bluetooth on the incredible is kinda watered down. It's based on a previous version and from what i understand should be updated through 2.2
http://www.androidcentral.com/android-22-froyo-bring-bluetooth-voice-dialing

hope it helps

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
When at home, turn off data so it isn't constantly trying to connect and killing your battery. That's a downside of CDMA in general. Instead, use WiFi (if applicable).

BTSee

May 6, 2010
Visit site
"3) when I want to send an email to my wife, I start typing in "jane doe", and her email address will show up....5 times. If I just type "jane", I will get several Jane's in the list, and each one of their email addresses will show up 3-5 times apiece."

I get this a bit because I have several friends with the same first name, so when I start composing an email (this happens only in landscape) that particular first name shows up several times in green bubbles and I can't tell which one to select because there are no last names highlighted.

SO, best to select the recipient in portrait, and then type the message is landscape if you so desire.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08