Transferring from Tivo to phone

timshaw

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I just got the new TiVotoGo software, I will test transferring from Tivo to my Incredible. If this works, I can take TV shows with me on trips. Hope hope hope.

timshaw

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Success! Tivo converted an HD Colbert Report into a 158 Mb mp4 file. Then I copied it over with windows explorer, but doubletwist probably would have done it to. It doesn't play at full screen though, it is a bit smaller.

timshaw

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Doubletwist won't convert the original file from Tivo because it is a .Tivo proprietary format, so you have to let Tivo do the conversion.

timshaw

May 1, 2010
Visit site
There is NO Tivo app for android. TivotoGo is part of a PC program (Tivo desktop, I think) that you download from Tivo.com, and it connects over your network to transfer files off of your Tivo. You can use TivotoGo to transfer your shows to other devices like a laptop or phone, in a file format they can use. Because the Tivo box itself uses a proprietary format (I have no idea why they didn't use a standard format).

Once you have the file on your phone, you play it with a video player app like Meridian.

I have seen posts about ripping DVDs to put on the phone, but this is the first way I have found to put TV shows on the phone.

robm15

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I do this all the time when I am preparing to travel. I used to move shows from my Tivo to my blackberry storm all the time. I haven't had to travel yet since I got my incredible, but as soon as I do travel, you can bet I'll do it.

On my Storm I found that the conversion output labeled VGA gave the best results. What conversion output is working best here for a full screen playback that is smooth and clear?