People App question (Contact List) and
07-29-2010 08:02 PM
- I helped my uncle set up his Incredible this past weekend (lucky guy! I have to wait until July 12th for mine!) and I started adding a few contacts from him. The way I did this was through the people app. The first three contacts, I selected 'Google'. I then added about 4 more, and forgot to change the contact type, so they stayed as 'Phone'.
No, my understanding is 'Google' contacts sync with the Google cloud server, where as the the 'Phone' added contacts are strictly in the phone's memory.
Now I dug as deep as I could and could not find a way to change a contact from 'Phone' to 'Google' without deleting and re-adding. Is this correct?
I then wanted to show him the favorites widget. So I added myself, and two other contacts in there as a demonstration. All three contacts WERE the Goggle type. After I showed him the widget, I went back into the people app, selected my name, and went to edit. From there I changed the group from 'Favorite' to 'None'. As soon as I did this, I disappeared from the People app. It was if it deleted my contact information.
So, I re-enter my contact information, once again, as a 'Google' type. After it's re-added, I click my name and all of a sudden it shows 'Linked'. WTF?
When I clicked my name, it now showed two entries of myself. So I 'unlink' the contacts and then the people app shows my mobile number, without a name to it. I then assign a name to my entry, and ta-da, I once again am linked.
it seemed like it deleted the entry in the people application, however my contact information was still on the phone?
Has anyone seen this or know how to fix/not let this happen? I eventually logged on to google, deleted the entry in gmail and my phone, and started over. However, for future reference, what was I doing wrong?
Thank you!06-14-2010 10:27 PM
- I cant explain the Favorites issue, but i ran into the google vs phone contacts too.
If you ever need to switch a contact from "phone" to "google" just open the contact, press menu, and "send contact. You can send it as an email or a mms.
Then you can either add it through gmail or the phone and select "google" when it asks where to store the info.
hope this helps06-14-2010 10:35 PM
- I am a new android owner and I have a question about the people widget. I added the widget to one of my home screens and was setting it up with people I most frequently call and came across the "link to facebook" feature so I began linking them and accidentally linked a facebook friend to my people widget that I do not want. How can I delete them from the widget? It shows them in my favorites group, but if I go to the contacts, they are not in the phonebook to delete, only in my people widget. I can remove it and start all over if there is no other way. Thank you07-28-2010 12:41 AM
- So I went ahead and removed the people widget to redo it and when I did, all the people, including the one I want gone were still there. I guess I need to know how to delete this person from my......I dont even know! If I delete them on Facebook will that do it? then add them back later.....hmmmmm.....but then will it automatically add them back to my people widget? AHHHHH!!! I dont know what to do. Please help if you can. Sorry for the outburst. Thank you!07-28-2010 12:53 AM
- So I went ahead and removed the people widget to redo it and when I did, all the people, including the one I want gone were still there. I guess I need to know how to delete this person from my......I dont even know! If I delete them on Facebook will that do it? then add them back later.....hmmmmm.....but then will it automatically add them back to my people widget? AHHHHH!!! I dont know what to do. Please help if you can. Sorry for the outburst. Thank you!07-29-2010 08:02 PM
- HTC Android Phones
- More HTC Phones
- Droid Incredible Series
- Verizon Droid Incredible
People App question (Contact List) and
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD