Having had the phone for less than 24 hours but been crusiing on AC forums for weeks now I still have a few minor quirks.
1) Is it possible to move bookmarks? IE when I had a bookmark it moves it down to the bottom so in my bookmark widget I have to scroll down to the bottom every time. I can't figure out how to change the order of the bookmarks.
2) I need a calander widget that "lists" events and takes up 1/2 the screen or less. The HTC and Android calender widget are acceptable but only show you 1 event at a time. i need a more compact widget which sort of lists my whole day or atleast 3+ events as i'm usually running around like a madman. I remember seeing a screen capture of someone's screen showing this. Any suggestions?
3) Why is it that some apps give you the option to close ( pandora / slacker ) where as most options stay running in background. I feel like google should have put on a restriction that all apps should have a " close " or "exit" button.
4) WOW battery life...I have Seidio extended 1750 and i'm about 25% remaining took off charge @ 3 hours ago...
Played 3D Derby
Took a few google googles images ( amazing )
Weather Channel widget
41% android system
19% cell standby
After looking at this I think I figured out it has something to do with my GPS / Location setting....I had all the following checked:
Use GPS Satellites
LOCATION ON not 911 only
Use Wireless networks
5) I read some threads about how blackberry AC chargers could have a negative effect on the droid. Does the same apply for the blackberry MicroUSB only charges that plug into PC? I wouldn't think so, but just wondering.
I know there's a lot in here if anyone is bored and want to help out feel free to answer, if not i'll just keep cruising the boards....
- 06-15-2010, 09:59 AM #2
1) No, it isn't possible to move bookmarks, which sucks.
2)Pass to someone else
3)Go to Settings>Applications>Running Services Then you can shut down ones you don't want.
4)Just make sure you let the battery drain down the charge it fully a few times. Let it cycle through and you will notice improvement.
5)None of the BlackBerry chargers have any bad effect on the Incredible. Just don't use crappy 5 dollar ebay chargers. Also do not use cheap ebay Mini to Micro USB adapters. They make the phone go crazy when its plugged in.
- 06-15-2010, 10:11 AM #3
2)CalWidget might work, also available in the market
3)Not all run in the background after backing out of them, the previous poster told you how to exit them.
4)Battery life isn't great, improves slighty after a while but not much you can do other than make sure things you don't use are off.
5)Blackberry chargers should work fine.
- 06-15-2010, 12:25 PM #5
2) Remove the calendar widget. Add it again, but before you add it, when you are looking to select the calendar widget you can scroll to the right to view different versions of the widget. I use the Agenda View, which I believe is what you are looking for. Granted it takes up the whole screen but it is very useful and will be what you are looking for. I'm sure you did see one with only 1/2 the screen, probably some third party app, not sure which one. Post it here if you find it. Hope this helps.
You'll see his calender widget only takes up 1/2 the screen and is in list format.
- 06-15-2010, 03:02 PM #7
1. +1 Bookmark Sort & Restore
2. Pure Calendar Widget
3. Make sure you back out of apps instead of home button, if the apps not actively doing anything the OS will kill it faster.
4. The only thing you need on all the time is Location, manually turn on GPS when you need it.
- 06-15-2010, 04:11 PM #8