Best Lost Phone App

kajii

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Still waiting on my Incredible, so until I get it I'm trying to get a list of what programs to dl once I have it. :)

With that being said, I was wondering what the best app is for a lost phone. Whether the phone be stolen or just on silent and unable to find it in my room. I've heard there are apps that let you text the phone with a certain word that will make the phone ring and flash, regardless of it being on silent.

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
dude get watchdroid its the best!!!! when you get it go to gps position settings in the app and for accuracy put it at 5m...
i have test this out everywhere and it always give me the exact same address im in

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
You're thinking of "Where's My Droid". I have it downloaded but haven't tried it yet. Send it a specific text message and it turns the volume up and starts ringing. There is also an option for your phone to text you back it's GPS coordinates in a google maps link.

mr.saving

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
You're thinking of "Where's My Droid". I have it downloaded but haven't tried it yet. Send it a specific text message and it turns the volume up and starts ringing. There is also an option for your phone to text you back it's GPS coordinates in a google maps link.

This

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Awesome you are the first person I've seen say anything about it. Maybe I'll download it and give it a shot this afternoon.

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
can't find mobile defense in the market :(

the barcode from the site doesn't get me anything either

EDIT: I found it through appbrain and installed it

Last edited:

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah same issue for me. They have a post in their forums from today about the same issue. I know levelup studios had the same kind of issue with his new live wallpaper when he release it. I know they just put out a new version for "all android devices" so maybe this will get fixed soon.

PainKiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Can someone confirm that Watchdroid Pro will allow you to remotely wipe your data. I have Mobile Defense and they claimed this also but after digging a bit I found that this feature is not active yet and that was from the dev as of 8/2009.

I want a good reliable app to find and WIPE DATA if I need to.

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Can someone confirm that Watchdroid Pro will allow you to remotely wipe your data. I have Mobile Defense and they claimed this also but after digging a bit I found that this feature is not active yet and that was from the dev as of 8/2009.

I want a good reliable app to find and WIPE DATA if I need to.

yes it does i love that app

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Just a friendly reminder to search the market forum and follow this rule:

Post in the right forum - The forum index is broken down by categories. There are specific forums for applications, devices, device hacks, carriers, general chat, etc. Unique forums exist for a reason. Before you create a new thread, please ensure it is being posted in the most applicable forum. Threads discussing an Android application are generally not device specific, and should be posted in the Apps forum.

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I personally use "Where's My Droid?". It works perfectly.
Do the others offer more benefits?

I always like to use the best!