Abandoning the Incredible to Wait for Droid X

jgurnett

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm done chasing Android and the new devices...I have my Incredible and I'm going to make myself stick with this phone for a while.

After all, if I chase down the latest and greatest all the time, I will have to find a divorce attorney cuz my wife will not be happy...lol. But hey, on the brighter side I may be able to be on here more!

romma

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I guess I hit bottm with new phones finally. Thanks to the Incredible that is. Perfect size as others pointed out. I had the Moto-Droid (my first android phone), but didn't like the weight or the slide out... Prior to the Blackberry Storm,,, it just sucked.

I now watch all the tremendous Android phones that are coming out, and I am ironically still satisfied with my Dinc...

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I agree Qazme....who cares what others think?
My win mobile phone looked like a bb and I would get asked all the time.....I used to say no its windows mobile, but now it's "Is that an iphone or a droid? I say neither, its an incredible." or I will just say none of your business :)

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
The DInc still fits my needs. I moved from Tmo to Verizon to get this phone. None of the 4+" inch screens appeal to me as they don't seem to be as portable as the DInc.

Since phone specs and features are changing rapidly, I went with a one year contract as I will probably want to change phones this time next year.

xblitz44x#CB

Jun 9, 2010
www.twitter.com
This is the reason i'm starting to become a fan of the one year contract.

I completely agree. I always signed for two because the phone prices always said *requires two year contract.

My advice is to pay the extra $35-$40 up front for the phone and sign for 1 year. For us tech nerds, two years with the same phone is unreasonable.

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
If I want the most practical phone, and still the best on the market, get the Incredible.

If I wanted an iPad, I wouldn't settle on an imitation Droid X.

F

fearmychickens

Signed a 1 year deal with vzw. Didn't burn my upgrade on the Inc. I may on one of these 2 new droids coming though......

You don't have to sign a one year contract to upgrade every year. Verizon lets you upgrade every 12 months anyway.

Oh, and if I was in the OP's shoes, I'd ditch the Incredible and go for the Droid X. Motorola makes better high end Droids than HTC.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
You don't have to sign a one year contract to upgrade every year. Verizon lets you upgrade every 12 months anyway.

Oh, and if I was in the OP's shoes, I'd ditch the Incredible and go for the Droid X. Motorola makes better high end Droids than HTC.

get the incredible now and then upgrade with the 2ghz motorola droid coming at the end of the year. the ceo already said they'll be having a 2ghz phone with everything technologically possible in it. i'm buying and incredible then just in time for my actual contract renewal, i'll be able to get that new fast droid.

Thehomez

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

How can you upgrade every 12 months if you have a 2 years contract? Is there an additional fee to do so?

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I'll probably be selling my Inc on craigslist or Ebay to get some cash to put towards the Droid X. If Verizon wasnt so god damn stubborn and given back my money as I requested when I went into the store on the day of my 30 day warranty from them I wouldnt have to worry about selling it but now I do. My bad experiences with Verizon has left a sour taste in my mouth and dont intend on doing business with them much longer if it keeps up.

cdolan22

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site

Motorola makes better high end droids? Huh? they made one good droid... HTC has now made the Incredible and the Evo4G. The marketing on the MotoDroid was insane compared to what I saw for the Incredible and the Inc is still holding its own. Being out for almost two months and still being requested all the time. If you consider crappy keyboards and even worse typing a feature of a "high end droid" then I guess you are right.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Motorola makes better high end droids? Huh? they made one good droid... HTC has now made the Incredible and the Evo4G. The marketing on the MotoDroid was insane compared to what I saw for the Incredible and the Inc is still holding its own. Being out for almost two months and still being requested all the time. If you consider crappy keyboards and even worse typing a feature of a "high end droid" then I guess you are right.

Wonder if he means the make of the device itself? I have to be honest, my first MotoDroid was built amazing. Thing felt like a brick but it gave me a sense of peace if it dropped out of my pocket where with my Inc. I hold onto dear life when I have that thing because it just feels cheesy as all hell. I love the device and what it can do but the make is terrible.

Ryobi

Banned
Jan 15, 2010
Visit site

To get subsidized pricing its every 10 months on a 1 year contract.

Can you refer me to where it says you can upgrade with subsidized pricing every year on anything other than a 1 year contract?

I have until July 1 to return my Inc. If the X is announced on June 23 and it's available for pre-order that day, I may just return the Inc and get a cheap phone to tide me over.

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Not positive but I believe the 1 Year Upgrade price is considerably higher than the standard 2 year (not New Every 2 for primary account holders which is even less) up grade. If you look at the VZW website it will tell you the price difference between a 1 year and 2 year contract. The upgrades are based on these prices. I did get a 1 year upgrade on a 2 year contract several years ago but it was about $75 more on that phone then it would have been if I had waited the full 2 years.

F

fearmychickens

get the incredible now and then upgrade with the 2ghz motorola droid coming at the end of the year. the ceo already said they'll be having a 2ghz phone with everything technologically possible in it. i'm buying and incredible then just in time for my actual contract renewal, i'll be able to get that new fast droid.
Were you talking to me or the OP? I've had my Droid for five months now and I'm eligible to upgrade in January so the new 2GHz Droid will be out by then. I'll definitely look into it if I decide to upgrade then.

How can you upgrade every 12 months if you have a 2 years contract? Is there an additional fee to do so?
There is an additional fee but sometimes reps can waive it. The fee is $18.

You're right. The only good Motorola Android phone out right now is the Droid. It was wrong of me to base that off the Droid X and Droid 2 which aren't out yet. What I meant is that Motorola uses better material while making their phones more durable and they put processors in their phones that are more powerful than Snapdragons (Arm Cortex & OMAP).

Wonder if he means the make of the device itself? I have to be honest, my first MotoDroid was built amazing. Thing felt like a brick but it gave me a sense of peace if it dropped out of my pocket where with my Inc. I hold onto dear life when I have that thing because it just feels cheesy as all hell. I love the device and what it can do but the make is terrible.
Yup. I have the Moto Droid and it's built like a tank. The metal build and heft makes it feel high quality in comparison to other phones.

To get subsidized pricing its every 10 months on a 1 year contract.

Can you refer me to where it says you can upgrade with subsidized pricing every year on anything other than a 1 year contract?

I have until July 1 to return my Inc. If the X is announced on June 23 and it's available for pre-order that day, I may just return the Inc and get a cheap phone to tide me over.
Yeah but one year pricing is much more expensive than two year. It's $70 more to get a phone at one year pricing than two year pricing. This information is on their website and you can even call CS for reassurance.

Not positive but I believe the 1 Year Upgrade price is considerably higher than the standard 2 year (not New Every 2 for primary account holders which is even less) up grade. If you look at the VZW website it will tell you the price difference between a 1 year and 2 year contract. The upgrades are based on these prices. I did get a 1 year upgrade on a 2 year contract several years ago but it was about $75 more on that phone then it would have been if I had waited the full 2 years.
Yup. When I bought my Droid, I was initially going for the one year pricing but it was $70 more than the standard two year price. The rep there also let me know that I could upgrade every 12 months for a fee of $18. I went with it because I never plan on leaving Verizon anyway. No point in going on a one year pricing when you're not leaving the carrier and you can upgrade for less every 12 months.

Thehomez

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Were you talking to me or the OP? I've had my Droid for five months now and I'm eligible to upgrade in January so the new 2GHz Droid will be out by then. I'll definitely look into it if I decide to upgrade then.

There is an additional fee but sometimes reps can waive it. The fee is $18.

QUOTE]

Thanks I didn't know that. So say if your phone breaks at 1year and 1 month, it will obviously cost a lot to buy a new refurb to replace it, so can you just sign up for a new 2 year contract and pay $199 for a new phone plus the $18 fee? Or does the phone cost you full price? Thanks again for the help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38