Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

If it doesn't show up , try the check-in trick after the date forward trick after clear system cache trick , after rabbit out of the hat trick

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Dinc System Update to 4.08.605.15

Just got update this morning .... I wasn't going to update since last one did nothing but make my phone buggy .... However I have a s3 en route so what the hell.
    Actually installed with out a hitch and I have not noticed any changes .... If I do I will post them ...
    Is there anywhere to find out about this biuld?

Yep... I got the update 2 days ago too (after doing the system cache clearing trick). And, for 2 nights at 2 AM I've been in the reboot cycle - just like many of you. I also noticed that it seems to stop at 6 AM. Very strange. Has anyone figured out how to fix that reboot bug?

Does anyone know what this was suppose to fix ?

The update keeps downloading, but when i press reboot and install it counts down then does nothing. It doesn't lock up the phone or anything. I'm open to ideas. Tried rebooting, battery pull and making more space.

I should say that the first time through, it did reboot but gave me the insufficient space message.

Quote Originally Posted by NIKSTORM View Post
    Does anyone know what this was suppose to fix ?
    Device Features, Improvements, & Fixes

Record and send a Visual Voice Mailto up to 10 recipients while seeing all parties in a list. Improvements made in Bluetooth Car connectivity.

Applications & Widgets

Resolved issuewherepurchasesVerizonApp ringtones could not be saved to the device.

Mine updated sucessfully.

Runs the exact same. Except now on some applications including GO sms and google music there's space at the bottom that looks just like the space left for the buttons on a GNex, no buttons though.

Idk if this is from applications or the update, but it makes it really hard to play music without being able to use the play and last/next song buttons.

I think my browser is getting wonky now

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrap63 View Post
    The update keeps downloading, but when i press reboot and install it counts down then does nothing. It doesn't lock up the phone or anything. I'm open to ideas. Tried rebooting, battery pull and making more space.

I should say that the first time through, it did reboot but gave me the insufficient space message.

Sounds like you're going to have to do a reset to get the update. Be sure you back up your contacts first if you don't use Gmail for your contacts.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

My 2 year old DINC also has the repetitive reboots in the middle of the night after applying this update. To get this update to apply, as well as the previous update, I let the update attempt to install and of course it failed. I freed up storage space by clearing data on a couple of apps and uninstalling a couple of apps. When I had 315MB free I rebooted, went into maintenance mode, wiped the cache, rebooted. When fully booted I changed the time back one year. I'm sure it doesn't matter how far back it's set. The update started to download within a couple of minutes. Install was successful and now I wish I had not installed it. Being awakened in the middle of the night because Verizon/HTC can't get this right is annoying. My advice, unless you like hearing "DROID" in the middle of the night, is to ignore this update.

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Does anyone know how to stop the random 2:00 AM reboots? Why 2:00 AM ?

I'll be keeping this phone until something better comes to Verizon. I am thinking about the Incredible 4G, not a a fan of the bigger phones. May even wait for the iphone5?
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks

I got the 2am DROID wake up call last night for the first time....it did it a total if six times throughout the night.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Have any of the reboot folks tried a factory reset? I know it's a pain but often it's the solution.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

I pulled my battery yesterday, but the phone rebooted at 2 am.

Quote Originally Posted by principalskinner View Post
    Does anyone know how to stop the random 2:00 AM reboots? Why 2:00 AM ?

I'll be keeping this phone until something better comes to Verizon. I am thinking about the Incredible 4G, not a a fan of the bigger phones. May even wait for the iphone5?
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    If you are a fan of your Dinc and you do not want a big phone than I think you will lime the Dinc 4g I have not seen any hands on on but the specs look pretty solid .... I would not call it a super phone though , but def a great phone ....... If you have played with the iPhone a bunch and can get used to one button for everything than iPhone is great. Just no 4g yet and no turn by turn directions ( on the way though ).

Quote Originally Posted by babracmmm View Post
    I pulled my battery yesterday, but the phone rebooted at 2 am.
    I pulled my battery yesterday as my phone was rebooting at 2am and left that sh#t out.

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    Have any of the reboot folks tried a factory reset? I know it's a pain but often it's the solution.
    Not here bro, I'm waiting for someone else to post thier experience on it first. It's such a pain.
    I will do it when I see my s3 has shipped.

My Incredible with the 4.08.605.15 update is also repeatedly rebooting at 2:00 AM. This was a clean install too. Don't update.
    IMO, it's rebooting at 2:00 AM because of a programming bug. That's why we all have the same reboot time. If you don't like huge screens, Consider getting the new Incredible 4g coming out on July 5 with Verizon. Also see: And this thread:
    Last edited by Intrepid-NY; 07-02-2012 at 03:12 PM.

I've never had a reboot issue before, during , or after updating to 605.15

Oh good, I was afraid I was the only person who got the 2am reboot thing. I've also discovered that when I try to turn on wi-fi, it errors out instead. Anyone else experiencing that problem?

2 am "DROID" ahhhh
    i did a master reset and i tried setting clock to 2 am .... no reboots
    i will post back tonight if it worked
    vzw is sending another phone to me anyway.
    not gonna update this one.

Ok so no 2 am reboots after master reset, still have a terrible browser on WiFi

day 4, no 2am reboot

Quote Originally Posted by jtoatoktoe View Post
    day 4, no 2am reboot
    Did you factory reset ? How is your browser on WiFi ?

So like I posted the nice rep at VZW was sending me a new phone .... Come home from work and what is here ..... Brand new in box (not refurbished) dinc 2. Pretty sweet right ?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast