Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Default Re: Dinc System Update to 4.08.605.15

Cool - do you have to return the DInc?
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

No reboot last night for me either. I didn't do anything new. Unless I slept through it.

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    Cool - do you have to return the DInc?
    Ya I do .... No problem ... In my opinion I think the og dinc is a nicer phone. This seems a little cheap .... Do you know if I can use the og battery on the dinc 2 ?

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Unfortunately the batteries are different sizes. The DInc2 is a good phone, it just did not get a lot of love. I've recommended it to many people who still really like it.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

no reset, wifi worked fine monday

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

I also had this problem with the phone resetting at 2 am...I dunno what I was up at 2 but w/e.. called tech support and they also sent me out a dinc2. But the dinc2 was diffective so they sending me out another dinc2. The first dinc2 was brand new out of the box with SD card and charger.
    Last edited by romy134; 07-04-2012 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by romy134 View Post
    I also had this problem with the phone resetting at 2 am...I dunno what I was up at 2 but w/e.. called tech support and they also sent me out a dinc2. But the dinc2 was diffective so they sending me out another dinc2. The first dinc2 was brand new out of the box with SD card and charger.
    Real sucky when a brand new device is defective . The box my Dinc 2 came in was a little beat up, no problems though . I lost my mind when I saw it had a 16 gig memory card. 2x sweeter than my 8 gig and ready for my s3.

Good luck to all you of Dinc owners out there , don't forget this was the first vzw android super phone and it really did a great job.
    See you in the Dinc 2 ,s3 forums
    Be safe, take care brush your hair , don't hit your dog , out.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

Were you in a contract or did they just immediately offer you a Dinc2 because of the software bug you were having. I am due for an upgrade, but don't want to yet. I know if I call they'll try to talk me into upgrading. To make it short, I was just wondering if they gave you any hassle?

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

@NIKSTORM and romy134

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

my rebooting seems to have stopped as well ....I think, not up at 2 AM checking though
    Happy Independence Day

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Actually my problem was when using the browser or certain app after hitting the home key it would show the white screen with the loading a lot, and I had gotten 4-5 dincs over my contract and got tired of it. My contract is actually up next month. But to be honest I don't think they have any dins in stock and they pulled all the din from their store to make room for dins 4g. I didn't even really push for the dinc 2. He just told me that they were gonna send me a new replacement and put me on hold came back and said that didn't have any dinc and that they would be sending me a din.

Quote Originally Posted by romy134 View Post
    Actually my problem was when using the browser or certain app after hitting the home key it would show the white screen with the loading a lot, and I had gotten 4-5 dincs over my contract and got tired of it. My contract is actually up next month. But to be honest I don't think they have any dins in stock and they pulled all the din from their store to make room for dins 4g. I didn't even really push for the dinc 2. He just told me that they were gonna send me a new replacement and put me on hold came back and said that didn't have any dinc and that they would be sending me a din.
    Sorry didn't get back to you in time ... I'm glad you are getting a new phone

My bad, my phone rebooted last night. I don't hear it because I use Bedside app, which mutes all sounds except phone calls coming through. Thing is that after the rebooting Bedside is off and my ringer volume is turned all the way down. I want this fixed instead of a different phone (my S3 has been charged to my card so it is coming soon).

bad news after no reboot Tuesday morning, this morning it happened again at 2am....I actually had a full complete reboot at 1230..no biggie it happens every once in awhile..then 2am came and the 2am repeat started....bummer

I have had a repeat of me myself setting the reboot off. Monday it had not rebooted until i clicked the top button to see the time...then it started. This morning I woke up at 430 and the phone had not rebooted....then started after I checked it. So it seems either it will reboot at 2am auto..........it'll reboot if you even click the top button after 2am (to say look at the time) if it had not reboot. Or it won't reboot at all. I have had all 3 occurrences.

Quote Originally Posted by jtoatoktoe View Post
    I have had a repeat of me myself setting the reboot off. Monday it had not rebooted until i clicked the top button to see the time...then it started. This morning I woke up at 430 and the phone had not rebooted....then started after I checked it. So it seems either it will reboot at 2am auto..........it'll reboot if you even click the top button after 2am (to say look at the time) if it had not reboot. Or it won't reboot at all. I have had all 3 occurrences.
    Did you do a master reset ?

The 2am repeated reboot started happening to me the day after the system update (about a week ago). I went into a Verizon store and they said since I was past a year of having the phone, they couldn't offer a replacement. The did a factory reset (and I lost all my calendar info!). I had one quiet night and now it's back to doing it again. They told me to call HTC and see if they could help. But I just called VW customer service and they are sending me a replacement (don't know if it's an Inc or Inc2). Have any of you still had the problem with a replacement phone?
    Last edited by Mrkngpen; 07-06-2012 at 07:33 AM.

For anyone who *hasn't* updated or knows about these things - how often does it nag you to update if you ignore it?

I'm not interested in updating, since: (1) my phone is out of warranty but working perfectly (and I don't want to upgrade yet), (2) the update seems buggy, and (3) and the improvements are for features I never use. I'm hoping I can eke out a few more months on this phone since I really like it.

I accepted the update on Tuesday AM (after freeing up memory / clearing system cache), but a couple of hours later, I checked the phone and it was still on the update screen saying the phone was going to reboot, not actually doing anything. I needed to use the phone, so I cancelled out of the update and haven't seen it since. (Maybe HTC/VZW pulled the update?)

I did the OTA update Saturday morning on my DInc. Everything was fine until 2 a.m. Monday morning. It's reset every 2-3 minutes from 2 until about 4:30 the past 4 mornings. I've removed the SD card and I'll see what happens tonight. It's getting old!

I did a factory reset last week and still have the issue. Mine rebooted from about 3 till I got up at 6.(up with my little one and got to watch the full wonder of the reset for three hours!). Need to call vzw again to see what they have to say. Hoping my s3 gets here soon instead :-D

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

No 2 a.m. restart last night with the SD card out. I've put it back in and will report back tomorrow if it starts "Droiding" me at 2 a.m. again.

I updated my husband's Saturday, also and his stopped "loading" before the install was finished. All the downloaded apps were inoperable, so I did a factory reset and reinstalled all his apps. His is working correctly now and never did have the 2 a.m. restart problem.

Update on my end: called vzw today. They said factory reset should fix it and since it didn't on line to try again... Love the reset. I'm not going to right now as my s3 is on its way. Will reset this once that gets here. As my phone does not have a warranty anymore they won't send me a new one.

For what it's worth.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

SD card is in and my phone didn't restart last night. Yea! Hopefully this will be the end of a frustrating glitch.

I too had the nightly restarts. Here is what I did and my positive results:

1) I used Silent Boot to quiet the restarts during the night. Note that this application does not work with fast Boot enabled (under settings, applications).
    2) I cleared the cache directory as documented for the second GB update:
    a) Boot into recovery
    b) Press and hold Power, Choose "Restart" option
    c) When screen turns off, press and hold Volume Down and Power
    d) When the white HBOOT screen appears, use the volume button to move down to RECOVERY.
    e) Press the Power button to select RECOVERY.
    f) When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.
    g) Using the volume button, scroll down to Wipe cache partition and select it.
    h) Select "Reboot system now"
    3) I freed memory. Even though you have a lot internal storage, you need both phone memory and data storage. This is the same method that I used to get the GB update/patch to install in the late fall.
    a) Phone memory I freed 375 MB
    4) Data Storage I freed 50 MB My advice is to delete the data under Contact Storage, My contact storage had ballooned to 23 MB. It refreshed from my Google Contacts at just over 1 MB.
    5) I used Bootlog Uptime to document that my phone is no longer restarting each night.

Once I cleared the cache directory and freed memory, I was done with the nightly reboots. I have been clear for two nights. I hope that I am not speaking too soon.

Day #3, no 2 a.m. restart.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast