Fact or Rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbrkr

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Stopped at the local Verizon store today to check on availability of Incredible. They told me they have been notified within the last 24 hours that the Incredible has been DISCONTINUED due to the unavailable of certain parts. Can anyone confirm or deny??????????????

lwirtjes

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
BS
The store may have stopped taking orders because of the back orders....but that does not seem right either.
Enter your location
they are still showing it available on VW, so I don't know what the rep at the store is smoking.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
BS
The store may have stopped taking orders because of the back orders....but that does not seem right either.
Enter your location
they are still showing it available on VW, so I don't know what the rep at the store is smoking.

Agreed. It may be a scenario that, since it is so backordered, stores have stopped taking orders and are just sending traffic online.

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Interestingly, a friend of mine was able to pick one up at his local store yesterday, they said it was the last one.

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
not really. if the parts for it aren't available, it might be easier for them to cut their losses and regroup for their next hardware launch in the pipeline. and verizon doesn't care because they can then move all of their marketing efforts into the moto droid x. makes perfect sense, actually.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am sure we would have heard something from HTC about this is the phone was discontinued. Somehow, I doubt it though. The Inc is still a great phone even when the X comes out. Some people might prefer the smaller size (and lower price?) and Sense over motoBlur.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Sure. They are going to just discontinue a phone that has been basically backordered since launch (aka extremely popular).

No. Its still there.

Prospekt

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
not really. if the parts for it aren't available, it might be easier for them to cut their losses and regroup for their next hardware launch in the pipeline. and verizon doesn't care because they can then move all of their marketing efforts into the moto droid x. makes perfect sense, actually.

I feel like they'd need to keep the option of a smaller android phone when the X is released. Many people, me included, wouldn't want to buy a phone that is so huge. At this point, the moto Droid wouldn't fulfill this market because its already old in technology world. Verizon should market the X and that'll help cut demand for the Incredible and buy some time for the parts to be produced.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
well, I hear Android was discontinued. They ran out of apps and the entire OS is being scrapped. Too bad. Well, it was a fun ride while it lasted.

PS: no offense implied to the OP, I'm just kidding. Hey, you heard what you heard. It just seems a bit too close to launch to discontinue at this point in time

Darkblue31

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Going to a VZW store, is only good for the customer who has no clue and believes everything they say, no offense to the OP, but they come out with lines sometimes that make you wonder

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Anyone who hasnt gotten their phone and ordered before 6/8 if you feel the need and think its been discontinued then go ahead and cancel your order please :p .That way I might get mine quicker haha(joking)

I can see them saying anything to get those customers out of the store since its backordered. That way if frees up them to help with other stuff they do have in stock :).

Mister869

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered mine from the Verizon store on Tuesday. It will not ship until July 10th, but it is definately not discontinued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia