Going from AT&T and iPhone 3G to Droid Incredible?

bigcanoe

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Anyone done it? I am pretty sick of Apple's attitude and AT&Ts crappy coverage so I am thinking about switching. I am looking at the Incredible because Verizon has the best coverage where I live and travel. I want a good camera, and video camcorder capability, and it has to be Android. Can anyone recommend a good phone for my wife, without a data plan, but with a keyboard for texting?

Last edited:

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Go with the Incredible. It rocks. As far a sa phone for your wife, I would reccomend the enV Touch. It has a full touch screen, with virtual keyboard, as well as a full flipout physical keyboard. Best of both worlds.

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Ouch...months?

No. Some people have been told 3-4 weeks, only to get their phone a week later. Others are finding that their stores have recieved small shipments. They are out there, just not in great supply. Call your local stores, and if they have one tell them you are on your way and to hold it for you. That's what I did. Also, new customers take priority over existing customers who are upgrading, so you have tha going for you as well. Good luck.

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I switched from at&t with an iphone 3g to the incredible. I really wanted to try an android phone. I dont really miss my iphone at all other then the fact I have friends that all pre ordered the new iphone. I think Android is beyond the iphone OS. The only major difference is that the android market is not close to the app store in itunes. For the most part you can find similar apps. I have no complaints.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I switched too. Yes, there's a slight learning curve. But you'll adapt quickly. Yes, Apple has more apps, bit Android will catch up. Verizon's network is tops and that goes a long way. And I really like how you can customize the look & feel of this phone.
I'm happy with this device. "F" Apple & the new iPhone. They can keep their locked down phone & ****ty exclusivity with at&t.

zdsa1021

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Go with the Incredible. It rocks. As far a sa phone for your wife, I would reccomend the enV Touch. It has a full touch screen, with virtual keyboard, as well as a full flipout physical keyboard. Best of both worlds.

I would agree. We just upgraded my Mom to and enV Touch and she couldn't be happier. It's her only phone (and she texts like a teenager), but doesn't need a smartphone. She loves it!

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
It says the enV Touch requires a 9.99 data plan...

Looks like they changed some things around since I was on a regular phone. Looks like their line of "Multimedia" phones all require the 9.99 data plan. This covers any of their phones that have keyboards. Seems the only way to avoid a data plan altogether is a basic phone.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Man, thats as bad as the iPhone 4!

That's what he was saying the iPhone is backed up till July........

Personally if you are going to go ahead with a "multimedia" phone I would go ahead a put her into a full blow smart phone if money allows. Yes you save $20 a month, but it's a dumb phone that can play video's and music. Might as well add internet, email, etc etc to it.

Phone are not backed up for months right now, many many people have reported best buy amongst other places have small inventories of it in right now, my local Verizon stores has had a couple in stock this whole time. Just depends on where you live and how many people want it. Right now people that are waiting are down to 3-4 weeks like said above, and many of those people end up only waiting about 1-2 weeks max.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2