Having trouble syncing to my computer. HELP please

cdolan22

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I installed HTC Sync from the HTC website, plugged in my phone and put it into HTC Sync mode, and it keeps saying that it cannot find HTC sync anywhere. Is there anything that can be done about this? I would like to be able to do all of my syncing some time soon.

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
That's weird. First thing I would do is to make sure you have downloaded the correct version of HTC sync for your phone and for your pc's operating system. Reinstall if you need to; reboot both phone and computer; try again.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
How exactly do you do that? I am having a lot of trouble once I plug my phone into my computer. Thanks

1. plug phone into usb port
2. on phone, select the disk drive option
3. either open my computer and then open the removable storage drive (if you have an sd card, you'll see two, look in both if the one that is internal storage isn't obvious) (i'm assuming you're using a PC and not a mac) or click browse in the autoplay window
4. run the htc sync executable that will be in your phones internal storage
5. presto!

i would uninstall the version of sync you currently have installed before doing this, and it couldn't hurt to do a restart of the computer after you're done installing the other version.

droidmindy

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I've been having similar problems with HTC Sync. Sometimes the phone won't connect for no apparent reason. I have to log off and log on again, or restart the PC, then it works.

I needed a way to get my Outlook info, but basically HTC Sync sucks, IMO. It doesn't transfer notes or tasks, and overall it's been buggy starting from the install. This isn't rocket science, even the BB desktop mgr did this simple job well. I'm probably going to move to Google calendar and contacts eventually.

Last edited:

PeninaD

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar problem. My solution was to wipe HTC Sync off my machine, reboot, and reinstall direct from HTC to ensure I had the latest version. Once I did that, the phone sync'ed properly from the first plug in.
To be honest, not sure the uninstall/reinstall did the trick, I think the main thing was the reboot...perhaps something is stuck in your PCs memory that interferes?

FramCire

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
For me, I had installed it but had not run it BEFORE I tried sync. Once I opened the program then plugged in phone and ran sync, it worked.

Seems silly but thats all it was for me was timing.

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Somewhat off subject but stiil HTC sync related. Is there a was to dictate what get synced? Phone to Outlook, Outlook to phone, or both? I have been able to locate this setting.